Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Here you go. btw: I like the interior wheel well looks of Spin's flaps better. The TopGril have a rather exposed structure rather than a smooth appearance. These will likely fill up with snow/sand/salt. I may be returning them, as they may have failed me in their "...eternal pursuit." 馃槢
IMG_2476.jpeg IMG_2477 2.jpeg IMG_2478 2.jpeg IMG_2479 2.jpeg IMG_2480 2.jpeg IMG_2481.jpeg
Anything else I can do for you this morning? ;)
@Huey52 Could you please post some photos showing the flaps on the car? I'd be interested mainly in seeing a zoomed out shot (of whole car) to get an idea on how the car looks with the flaps. Also, a separate zoomed in photo showing flap plastic color & texture match compared to fender plastic would be good too.

Lastly, any recommendations on size of push pin rivets. I probably just need to buy an assorted kit on Amazon. Thank you!

Anything else I can do for you this morning? ;)
Excellent. You covered my needs well! I do ask a lot. :p

I like the interior wheel well looks of Spin's flaps better. The TopGril have a rather exposed structure rather than a smooth appearance. These will likely fill up with snow/sand/salt.
I like the look. You're right about filling up with snow, but the wheel well has tendency to do that on it's own too. It's nice being able to order them and not have to wait on delivery from China. Decisions, decisions.

Excellent. You covered my needs well! I do ask a lot. :p
The pictures helped me a lot knowing what to expect installing the TopGrils. Thanks, Huey52.

I kind of wish I had waited for the slow boat. But, I got a $20 credit from Amazon on the order for adding back a credit card that expired in April (unbeknownst to me). They do look like they complete the wheel arch trim.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
You'll likely be fine with the OEM Torx on the rear and kit-included longer Phillips on the front (but try the Torx first). I did have one factory-misaligned panel anchor on my front driver's side which made that one re-connection difficult.
The pictures helped me a lot knowing what to expect installing the TopGrils. Thanks, Huey52.

I kind of wish I had waited for the slow boat. But, I got a $20 credit from Amazon on the order for adding back a credit card that expired in April (unbeknownst to me). They do look like they complete the wheel arch trim.

This is a relatively easy install. I purchased these: (Thanks javi_ID4 for finding these)
35.13US $ 18% OFF|Exterior Parts For Volkswagen ID.4 2020 2021 Mudguards block mud and sand to protect cars|Mudguards| - AliExpress

The fronts are held on with 2, T-25 existing screws and one existing push pin trim type faster. The kit comes with new longer #2 Philips screws and push pin fasteners.
View attachment 3611 View attachment 3612 View attachment 3613 View attachment 3614

The rears are held on with 3 existing T-25 screws. Again, the kit comes with longer #2 Philips screws. You don't have to remove the wheels to do this install. The front wheels can be turned out of the way and the rear can be done with a tip and a 1/4 ratchet. I think they look good and offer some protection.
View attachment 3615 View attachment 3616 View attachment 3617 View attachment 3618
I add mudguards to all of my vehicles. This was the easiest installation ever. The arrived from China within 2 weeks promptly. I didn't need to raise the car to get clearance. I didn't even get to use the screws that was included in the kit.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts