Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for those planning on what ID.4 accessories to buy. I was told the trunk liners are on back order "nation wide" and they aren't sure when they will get more. They told me it could be a 2 week wait or more.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
The Muddy Buddy is actually made by WeatherTech. Their USA manufacturing is highly robotized but there may be raw material shortages and/or front office/distribution personnel furloughs now being overcome. 🤷‍♂️

I had no problem getting mine shortly after delivery a month ago, but there are many more ID.4's now delivered.

btw: We who do a lot of woodworking are also seeing significant Covid-impacted supply/demand issues (shortages and increased costs).

I expect such issues to smooth out in the coming months.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
I just ordered the Triguard car cover and was also told two weeks.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
Just an FYI for those planning on what ID.4 accessories to buy. I was told the trunk liners are on back order "nation wide" and they aren't sure when they will get more. They told me it could be a 2 week wait or more.
I got an email earlier today that mine finally shipped.

·
Super Moderator
478 Posts
"Two weeks" - The Money Pit 😆
Funny. I was having an extension put on my house when that movie came out. Many of the things that happened to them happened to us!! Two weeks!! Everything was two weeks!! It was finally done in 6 months!!

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
I've been waiting 5 weeks to get my front door exterior light replaced under warranty. It's been "two weeks" throughout. Actually the builder has it and I told him to just to drop it off and I'd do it, but ..... crickets. 🤷‍♂️
Funny. I was having an extension put on my house when that movie came out. Many of the things that happened to them happened to us!! Two weeks!! Everything was two weeks!! It was finally done in 6 months!!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
We are having work done on our house. The general that we have is telling us about all the shortages in the industry:
  • Any sort of windows and doors are backordered for months.
  • Cabinetry is really backed up. 6-8 weeks, or even longer.
  • Lumber in general (apparently at least partly related to a tariff dispute with Canada).
  • Copper wire (because of a shortage of the plastic insulation). Possibly similar material to Muddy mats.
  • Paint supply is at critical levels right now.
  • There was a plant that makes fiberglass insulation that had a really bad fire.
  • Computer chip supplies are limited.
  • Home appliances are in short supply.
We have other projects in the pipeline, and we are already ordering items that we anticipate needing even though they won't be installed for months.

·
56 Posts
What are your thoughts on the Muddy Buddy? I was able to obtain one by just walking in the other day, but I am not sure if I was impressed by the fit or thickness 100%. I have a similar unit on my RAV4 Prime and the fit and quality on that unit is much better, but I don't know who makes it. Just received a call that my Muddy Buddy front matts are in, I hope they are nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts