Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now own a car that is featured in a museum! And so do all of you!! I went to the Petersen Automotive Museum (Petersen Automotive Museum | Los Angeles Car Museum) yesterday & they had an ID.4 there. Volkswagen sponsored one section of the museum. They also had an "exploded" ID.3 that gives you a look into the skateboard... This ID.3 must have been a 4WD as there is a motor in front too...
1-ExplodedID3.jpg 2-ID3Skateboard.jpg 10-ExplodedFromRear.jpg 9-FullFront.jpg 5-MotorFromSide.jpg 6-MotorFromFront.jpg 7-FrontMotorFromRear.jpg 8-Battery.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
391 Posts
It's interesting that they show an AWD ID.3 since it's not available in that configuration. I honestly think I'd choose that over the ID.4 if it were available in the U.S., but I'm still quite happy with the ID.4 compromise, if you will. Pretty cool!

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
536 Posts
They didn’t rotate the ID4’s wheels to present the VW logos upright. VW themselves have been anal about that in PR shots.
Anyway, cool photos, thank you!

Reactions: Huey52 and Nai3t

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
621 Posts
They didn’t rotate the ID4’s wheels to present the VW logos upright. VW themselves have been anal about that in PR shots.
Anyway, cool photos, thank you!
Just a glitch, it'll get fixed in the next OTA!

Interesting that they chose to install the tailgate, given that everything else is all-eyes on the chassis. Need to squeeze that brand identity in there somewhere I suppose.

Reactions: Huey52

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,183 Posts
Perhaps the VW wheel logo's on the ID.4 were purposely horizontally aligned to impart motion? Seems too opposing-horizontal to be by accident. [Yes, it initially glared at me as well]. They did get the ID.3 "static display" vertically aligned.

I believe I too would have been just as happy, or more so, with the ID.3 if USA available. But just yesterday I had to get out of an unexpectedly tight parking lot situation (typically care-less oversized pickup truck induced) and the amazingly tight turning radius of the ID.4 was more than accommodating, so really no issues with its size. :)

·
109 Posts
I bet that's an unreleased AWD ID.4 "skateboard" with an ID.3 body hanging over it. Assuming the wheelbase of both cars is the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts