Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting my ID 4 in about two weeks and I’m trying to get prepared. What does everyone like to have in their car for emergencies? To make travel easier? General EV must haves? Any other tools that other people might not have thought of? Items that make the car more enjoyable? This thread is meant to create a list of necessary and not so necessary items to keep in the ID 4. Let’s hear em!

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,073 Posts
I had the same pre-ownership question early 2021. But then we in the USA didn't know much about the ID.4. Now we do (hint, hint). ;)

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same pre-ownership question early 2021. But then we in the USA didn't know much about the ID.4. Now we do (hint, hint). ;)

Awesome thanks!! I’ll check these out

·
Volkswagen ID.4 Pro RWD
15 Posts
I’m getting my ID 4 in about two weeks and I’m trying to get prepared. What does everyone like to have in their car for emergencies? To make travel easier? General EV must haves? Any other tools that other people might not have thought of? Items that make the car more enjoyable? This thread is meant to create a list of necessary and not so necessary items to keep in the ID 4. Let’s hear em!
Essentials:

Winter

Ice scraper + brush
Lightweight shovel
Chains if supported
Emergency blanket/First Aid/Box of granola bars or other non perishable food in the back/water.
Air Compressor
Windshield Washer fluid
Microfiber cloth for dash and extra microfiber cloth for general use.

Summer

Emergency First Aid/Box of granola bars in the back/water.
Air Compressor
Windshield Washer fluid
Microfiber cloth for dash and extra microfiber cloth for general use.

Accessories:

1. Dash camera - I use a Viofo A129 Plus Duo. Cable system works well but will clean up wiring under trim a bit better with time. VIOFO Dash Cams | Best Video Quality Dash Cam | 4K Dash Cameras
2. Seat belt/Window breaker - (I don't own one but link to one I am referring to) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDQ7MJD?tag=wcmanet-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
3. Tint - Choose what you like, I go to a local tint shop.
4. Tires - Choose what you like. I typically use www.tirerack.com

·
27 Posts
There are some emergency supplies VW gives like compressor, fix-a-flat,.... They're not super quality items, but they're included.

·
1,383 Posts
A spray bottle of bug remover, cleaning cloths for the steering wheel, a small cooler, a sealable plastic tub for cleaning supplies, a hatchet for breaking glass, a knife for cutting seatbelts.

·
1,083 Posts
Once stood in a very long traffic jam in the center of Paris and then had to urgently go to the restroom and since then always a box of Travel John discreetly in the car but fortunately never needed. 😁

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,073 Posts
Your avatar is particularly apropos. ;) (btw: It's from which we get our 'merican related slang, via returning WWII veterans).
Once stood in a very long traffic jam in the center of Paris and then had to urgently go to the restroom and since then always a box of Travel John discreetly in the car but fortunately never needed. 😁

·
313 Posts
Snacks.

And a TeslaTap adapter so you can use Tesla destination chargers. That way you can charge anywhere (except Tesla Superchargers).

·
49 Posts
The camera hood is totally unnecessary, just adjust the brightness and contrast. I back into an almost pitch black narrow driveway (I live in a rear house) almost every night. Has yet to ever be an issue.

·
1,083 Posts
The camera hood is totally unnecessary, just adjust the brightness and contrast. I back into an almost pitch black narrow driveway (I live in a rear house) almost every night. Has yet to ever be an issue.
What color is your license plate.
We have a white reflective plate and personally find it an improvement with the cover.
If I increase the brightness, I find the image during the day not satisfactory.
The camera that popped out of the VW emblem of my previous car was of much better quality.
This one on the ID4 is an Aliexpres camera.;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts