Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
I've had the car for a week now. Today I decided to do a trip from Jacksonville Florida to Cocoa Beach. So far, no incidents.
I am in the Titusville area and whenever I go to Sam's in Cocoa I always check the EA chargers and they always seem to be up and active. Going to be handy having them close by for a full top off every now and then. Enjoy the trip!

2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the Titusville area and whenever I go to Sam's in Cocoa I always check the EA chargers and they always seem to be up and active. Going to be handy having them close by for a full top off every now and then. Enjoy the trip!
We should do a get together. Maybe after May.

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8

Blue ID.4 FE, Jan., OR
I feel lucky, must admit. I go to Walmart for groceries weekly that has EA in the lot. In & out of the store and I'm charged! Can't wait until EA and VW get the handshake worked out.

2021 Pro-S
I feel lucky, must admit. I go to Walmart for groceries weekly that has EA in the lot. In & out of the store and I'm charged! Can't wait until EA and VW get the handshake worked out.
Anyone having trouble with the E-A chargers delivering at a high voltage? There was a video online with a reviewer who stopped at an E-A charging station labelled as a 150 kW station, but it was only delivering at 58 kW to his id.4.

Anyone having trouble with the E-A chargers delivering at a high voltage? There was a video online with a reviewer who stopped at an E-A charging station labelled as a 150 kW station, but it was only delivering at 58 kW to his id.4.
That's not enough information to go off of. What was their starting charge? The station won't give you 125kW if you're not starting out with a relatively empty battery. Search on here and you can find posts detailing the charging curve. The curve from higher starting points will probably be different, but knowing how the power decreases with increasing charge will at least give you an idea of how much lower the charge rate can be if you start with a more full battery.

That's not enough information to go off of. What was their starting charge? The station won't give you 125kW if you're not starting out with a relatively empty battery. Search on here and you can find posts detailing the charging curve. The curve from higher starting points will probably be different, but knowing how the power decreases with increasing charge will at least give you an idea of how much lower the charge rate can be if you start with a more full battery.
So here I am charging at EA. Woman pulls up and tries to fill up. Looks at the cable plug shakes her head turns her palms upward. Puts the plug into the charger and drives away 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀.

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
I've charged from EA twice. On Sunday I was at 24% and it started at 88kW. Today I was at 30% and it started at 55kW.
I am wondering if your battery was still kind of cold. Typically just having the car on should start warming the battery, but a short drive won't be enough to really get it fully warmed.

I was starting to play with EVnotify - while I have the app on my phone, it wasn't displaying any useful information as of yet. Is it just that the car is too new? Problem with the OBDII dongle that I have? Don't know yet. In theory it should display battery temperature.

Proud FE owner
I had a session yesterday where I went from 43% to 80% at max rate of 58kW. The outside temp was 44 degrees (20 mph winds). Prior to my session, I had been running errands with just a few miles between stops.

ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
So here I am charging at EA. Woman pulls up and tries to fill up. Looks at the cable plug shakes her head turns her palms upward. Puts the plug into the charger and drives away 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀.
Had this happen at one of our EA locations in the Charleston, SC area. Luckily I was there and had a chance to explain to her what they were and how you use them. I gave her some of the good points of driving an EV and she thought it was pretty cool. Hopefully she will consider one in the future and be able to evangelize them to someone else as well.

I am wondering if your battery was still kind of cold. Typically just having the car on should start warming the battery, but a short drive won't be enough to really get it fully warmed.
When I was at 24% that was after driving for an hour. The one at 30% I had only been driving for 10 minutes.

If you are new to EA be sure to have your phones location turned on or the charger can not find where you are and will not work. I find that the 150 kw EA charger rarely charges over 85 Kw. Usually around 45-55 Kw is the norm for me, but I usually have about 40% when I start the charge.

Super Moderator
If you are new to EA be sure to have your phones location turned on or the charger can not find where you are and will not work. I find that the 150 kw EA charger rarely charges over 85 Kw. Usually around 45-55 Kw is the norm for me, but I usually have about 40% when I start the charge.
I have seen 127Kw but I usually start charging below 15%, sometimes below 10%

End state of charge: 78%
Total energy delivered: 61.00 kWh
Max charging rate: 127.64 kW
Charging time: 00:39:00
Grace period: 00:10 min
Paid idle time: 00:00

2021 Moonstone Grey ID.4
I had a charging session last week that I got 152 kWh max. Don't know how long (I didn't pay attention), but it did finish pretty quickly... It does happen!

I had issue where my phone was in the charging cubby. It got too hot in there and had to cool down. Of course this was discovered when I pulled up to EV charging station and couldn鈥檛 use my phone to activate the charger.

I just discovered that one can use nfc to initiate charge.

Plug in, wait for connection, touch phone to the pad and boom, it starts charging 鈿

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
I just discovered that one can use nfc to initiate charge.

Plug in, wait for connection, touch phone to the pad and boom, it starts charging 鈿
Sometimes this screws up. When I just tried it, the phone wanted to use Google pay and not the EA app, and thats completely wrong. I had to disconnect and start over again so I could use the slide method (which is honestly a real pain).

BTW, on Android, you can split the screen, and have two apps displaying at the same time.

Sometimes this screws up. When I just tried it, the phone wanted to use Google pay and not the EA app, and thats completely wrong. I had to disconnect and start over again so I could use the slide method (which is honestly a real pain).

BTW, on Android, you can split the screen, and have two apps displaying at the same time.
View attachment 3607
What EV (car) did you choose during setup? No IDs were listed in the pull down for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts