I picked up this ID.4 FE from Brunswick Auto Mart on Monday. Here are my initial impressions:
- I was not a fan of the touch sensitive buttons at first. They were difficult to use and I often made mistakes with them, but it was a bit of a learning curve. Now I quite enjoy them.
- This thing turns heads everywhere.
- The ride is extremely comfortable and I LOVE the seats. The massaging function is excellent.
- I am not one to drive aggressively, so I find the acceleration more than adequate. The handling is awesome with almost no body lean in tight turning.
- The UI is a bit slow, however I think based on the hardware specs this can be cleaned up with updates. Let's hope VW prioritizes this because other EVs have a much smoother UI.
- I wish there were more tools to judge efficiency. Like Ford's efficiency coach that provides a score based on how you drive. This should be available via OTA.
- The build quality is quite good. No squeaks or rattles to speak of and I have not been able to find any paint defects.
- I am not a fan of sunroofs, but I enjoy this one. I really like the open and close controls, definitely feels futuristic.
- I am a HUGE fan of the lighting on this vehicle.
- The range has exceeded my expectations so far. I find that the more that I drive it, the less I am concerned with Range Anxiety.
- I have not found a way to have the dash display the tire pressures. I would appreciate that.
All and all, I would give the car a 8.5 out of 10. I do not regret my purchase and I think VW has a hit on its hands. I originally wanted a Mach-E but found that the ID.4 was better suited to my needs, and also loved that VW Credit passed along the $7500 credit on the lease. Ford does not do that.
If anyone is looking for an awesome deal, Call Brunswick VW in Brunswick, OH. They have several FEs and Pros instock. They treated me awesome with no games.