Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
4 Posts
I assume yours is a recently deliver with 3.1 firmware? Are you able to add users to the car?

There is another thread on this, they are aware of the issue, it impacts some but not all 2022 with 3.1 firmware. The two common issues is the car failing to connect to Car-Net to add a user, or the Expired license message. Some cars are fine, some get one or the other error, some (like mine) have both. They have us bringing our back in Thursday so a VW area rep can work on it with "VW factory" and Car-Net. From what we told the issues is the modem is not properly activating within the car. They can activate the service and the network can talk to the car and start a 2 way session but the car can't reach out on its own. This was from the service rep who got it from the tech but it basicley sounds like the car thinks it's activated but when it goes to use it thinks the car is in a shipping mode and get stuck in loop.

I'm wondering if this has to do with a change in providers. In the other thread a user had commented on making sure you're in an area with good Verizon coverage, but the promo card and the VW app on my car has T-Mobile logos not Verizon.
Please do keep us updated on potential resolution (even better would be with a copy of the service record to show to another dealership...)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts