Volkswagen ID Forum banner

myVW (fka Car-Net) Improvements Desired

19K views 111 replies 44 participants last post by  DesertID4 
I forwarded these suggestions to VW Customer Care and this is the response I received today:

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding the Car-Net mobile app! I reviewed the last two emails you sent in further here on my end. Volkswagen Customer Care cannot speak to when or if we will be implementing these suggestions, but we really do appreciate them none the less! Our customer feedback is very helpful in understanding what we can do to improve our products for future models!

As far as the "Auto Hold" feature, we are unable to speak to any future updates at this time. Our ID.4 customers will be notified whenever there is a software update available in the future. There will be over-the-air updates for the vehicle, though at this time we are not able to speak to exactly which ones they will be.

The only positive thing I see in this response is that there will be over the air updates. They just won't tell us what or when.
First rule of software development is to never give a "when" date. Creates an outrage if you are unable to deliver on time.

As for OTAs, here in Europe, I have heard from dealer sources that OTA updates will come monthly sometime in the second half this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.