Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
39 Posts
When I contacted VW UK (via call / contact centre), I was told that mine was awaiting final software update, due latter part of March 2021.

·
53 Posts
Just checked mine and Voila! (2nd round FE reservation after 9/25 Pro S reservation) 😁

View attachment 1604
{First Name}, we're
building your {model}.
Get ready, our specialized technicians will take extra care in assembling your ID.4 according to your exact specifications. It will be leaving factory in 4-5 months
View my configuration
Still the same since yesterday
Called VW yesterday - nothing has changed

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Siem Aristotle cargo ship arriving from Emden March 1 in Davisville Port in Rhode Island with maximum load. The port is a major vehicle site. Lots of cars sitting in the lots.

·
136 Posts
{First Name}, we're
building your {model}.
Get ready, our specialized technicians will take extra care in assembling your ID.4 according to your exact specifications. It will be leaving factory in 4-5 months
View my configuration
Still the same since yesterday
Called VW yesterday - nothing has changed
Call VW Customer Care. I had the same problem yesterday and I gave them a call. They actually called be today to follow up and verify it was fixed. Finally got updated and my FE is now showing arrived in Port.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
771 Posts
btw: What does Step 6 "Prepare for Purchase" mean? Heck, it'll be close to 6-months since initial reservation and I've already installed a garage charger, just detailed my TT and money's in the bank too. I'd say I'm already as prepared as I can be!! :ROFLMAO:

·
53 Posts
Call VW Customer Care. I had the same problem yesterday and I gave them a call. They actually called be today to follow up and verify it was fixed. Finally got updated and my FE is now showing arrived in Port.
Today it says order is locked back to what it was last week - I ordered mine first day - let’s see if anything happens in few days

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
62 Posts
btw: What does Step 6 "Prepare for Purchase" mean? Heck, it'll be close to 6-months since initial reservation and I've already installed a garage charger, just detailed my TT and money's in the bank too. I'd say I'm already as prepared as I can be!! :ROFLMAO:
At the moment it allows you to setup the purchase either via dealer or the portal itself. It will be interesting to see how it is handled directly in the portal.

Here is the portal block related to purchase:
"buttonLabel":"Schedule In Store",
"buttonLabelTwo":"Buy Online",
"header":"Submit your","headerBold":"financial information.",
"longText":"Complete your financing online, or you may opt to do so in-person with your dealer. Once your {model}: arrives, we will email you and update this portal to let you know.

·
136 Posts
At the moment it allows you to setup the purchase either via dealer or the portal itself. It will be interesting to see how it is handled directly in the portal.

"longText":"Complete your financing online, or you may opt to do so in-person with your dealer. Once your {model}: arrives, we will email you and update this portal to let you know.
I wonder if you “buy online” if it sells at MSRP, what fees they show and if you can simply pay by wire transfer for funds. My guess is it will not as it would take the Dealer completely out of the purchase process.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
771 Posts
Thanks. I don't think I'd trust the portal for actual purchase. Reservation is one thing, but ....

Also I don't see any trade-in insight. So again likely best with at least a dealership phone call and schedule at-home inspection is possible (was on my wife's Benz trade-in).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts