Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Pro and Statement come with 19" Hamar wheels, the Statement (Gradient) and 1st Editions come with 20" Drammen wheels. But I don't see the 21" Narvik wheels as an option on the order guide here in the US.

Does anyone know if the dealer will be selling these Narvik rims as an accessory? (similarly to how VW does with their gas cars and exclusive rims).

I feel like the 19" Hamar wheels will be good winter wheels. But I absolutely love the look of the Narvik wheels and want them on my ID.4 when I get it. I'll attach photos of the Narvik wheels below:

For Comparison here are the 19" Hamar wheels:

And yes I know that large rims negatively impact range. I'd guess that's why VW forwent adding the 21s to the order guide. But I think the decrease in efficiency is worth the look.

·
30 Posts
Thanks for posting. I ordered the 19" wheels but wasn't sure how the size would look. From the picture it looks good. I assume that would give me better range and a softer ride. Is that accurate?

·
217 Posts
According to the Wheel-size website, a 21" wheel/tire combo, (along with 20" and 19") is a standard VW sizing for the ID.4--presumably for Europe-only for the time being. The site also give wheel fitment specs: 5 x 112 bolt circle, 57.1mm center hole, M14x1.5 bolts. Those are the same as for the Tiguan (and many other VW lines). It does not list offset, yet. So, I suspect that Tiguan wheels will fit the ID.4, particularly if one wanted to go to 18" wheels. But, the Tiguan does not list a 21" size. First up for aftermarket wheel fitment will be The Tire Rack, I am sure. With Houston's potholed streets, I would prefer an 18" size, but not enough to pay for a new set of wheels/tires.

·
98 Posts
According to the Wheel-size website, a 21" wheel/tire combo, (along with 20" and 19") is a standard VW sizing for the ID.4--presumably for Europe-only for the time being. The site also give wheel fitment specs: 5 x 112 bolt circle, 57.1mm center hole, M14x1.5 bolts. Those are the same as for the Tiguan (and many other VW lines). It does not list offset, yet. So, I suspect that Tiguan wheels will fit the ID.4, particularly if one wanted to go to 18" wheels. But, the Tiguan does not list a 21" size. First up for aftermarket wheel fitment will be The Tire Rack, I am sure. With Houston's potholed streets, I would prefer an 18" size, but not enough to pay for a new set of wheels/tires.
You are so right, large diameter wheels don't like potholes. There have been times when I've driven by many vehicles pulled to the shoulder on N. Ca freeways for having hit potholes. Once the tires wear out or I have wheel damage I may consider going to 18" or even 17" on the Pro. If the new tire/wheel selection is right, it could easily add 5 to 10 miles to the range thereby saving some global warming as well. One would think VW would have to use 18" or even 17" on ID.4 in some markets which have worse roads?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts