Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody doing anything for (United States) National Drive Electric Week? I'm headed to Buffalo Tuesday for the Beyond Van Gogh Immersive Experience its my longest day trip so far. Maybe Delaware in a couple weeks.

I'm planning on a attending a National Drive Electric event to show off my ID4 in Mount Morris (New York State) on Saturday October 2nd.

John

ID.4 Pro S Gradient (Kings Red) - Reserved 11/10/21
306 Posts
The event happened in Orlando this weekend and no ID.4s were there (the organizer told me 5 folks volunteered to demo their cars but none showed). It was a giant Tesla masturbation-fest... half the cars were Teslas. I had folks comment on my ID.4 in the parking garage nearby - I should have brought it to the event. Next week is the West Palm Beach NDEW event...

The only Teslas I liked were the vinyl wrapped ones. I may do this.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,817 Posts
Is anybody doing anything for (United States) National Drive Electric Week? I'm headed to Buffalo Tuesday for the Beyond Van Gogh Immersive Experience its my longest day trip so far. Maybe Delaware in a couple weeks.

I'm planning on a attending a National Drive Electric event to show off my ID4 in Mount Morris (New York State) on Saturday October 2nd.

John
We have a drive electric event that is in Dover DE, also on the 2nd. There are 4 ID.4 registered and 6 M3 registered, plus a smattering of other things. Our event will be held at a brewery, and a transit agency will also be showing off an all electric transit bus.

Back in April, there was an event for Earth Day - I was the only ID.4 (hardly surprising, I guess), tons of Tesla, and some other misc things.

And we are going to NYC for the weekend in a couple of weeks. We drive to the transit center in Hamilton NJ, and then take NJT into the city.

2,036 Posts
I am going to be a week late I guess. I leave on a trip through Louisiana, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, and back starting October 4th. I guess this week that I could finally install my Muddy Buddy trunk liner? Oh and follow my electric lawn mower on endless circles.

51 Posts
As part of Drive Electric week, I went with my ID4 Pro to an event here in Arlington, Virginia, which was ridiculously convenient (less than 5 minutes away). I really wanted to go since I was pretty sure I'd be the only ID4 and I was. Lots of Teslas of all models (even the Roadster!) plus Leafs, Bolts, Mach-Es, Kia Soul. It was lots of fun and TONS of people wanted to learn about the ID4. I was there from 10 am to 3 pm and I literally did not stop talking the entire time--my voice was hoarse by the end.

51 Posts
My wife gets annoyed about all my talking about EV's and our ID4. She's opting out of my visit to the Drive electric event I'm attending.
My husband and college-age kids are also a bit tired of hearing about electric cars and solar panels. Although I have to say the one thing that apparently is said way too much comes across in a quote from my daughter, "You know Mom if you were a doll with one of those pull strings, the doll would say, "Look at this awesome turning radius!" :LOL: We live in a very urban area and I just love making U-turns on a street in the ID4.

531 Posts
My wife and I just drove from Massachusetts to Tennessee to visit family. It was 800 miles down with 6 leisurely stops at EA chargers along the way, guided by ABRP. It was the most relaxing and comfortable trip south we've ever made. We got 3.4 miles per kWh even in the hills of Virginia at road speeds around 70 mph. We ran into a number of ID.4's en-route at chargers and all of them worked. I did find that I had to use the "swipe" method on some chargers and the Apple Wallet EA card rfid scan on others, but they all eventually recognized me and started charging. I suspect that chargers that are reluctant to start are more cooperative if provided with the Apple wallet EA card. That happened twice, where the charger did not recognize me after plugging in. I simply opened Apple Wallet, selected the EA card and held up to the rfid reader. It immediately "dinged" and the charger started up. We saw a lot of EV's on the road and that's a good sign!

51 Posts
My wife and I just drove from Massachusetts to Tennessee to visit family. It was 800 miles down with 6 leisurely stops at EA chargers along the way, guided by ABRP. It was the most relaxing and comfortable trip south we've ever made. We got 3.4 miles per kWh even in the hills of Virginia at road speeds around 70 mph. We ran into a number of ID.4's en-route at chargers and all of them worked. I did find that I had to use the "swipe" method on some chargers and the Apple Wallet EA card rfid scan on others, but they all eventually recognized me and started charging. I suspect that chargers that are reluctant to start are more cooperative if provided with the Apple wallet EA card. That happened twice, where the charger did not recognize me after plugging in. I simply opened Apple Wallet, selected the EA card and held up to the rfid reader. It immediately "dinged" and the charger started up. We saw a lot of EV's on the road and that's a good sign!
Sounds awfully familiar. Are you the couple I chatted with briefly at the Brughes Mill Country store on my way to VA Tech (with my mother)? 🙂

531 Posts
Sounds awfully familiar. Are you the couple I chatted with briefly at the Brughes Mill Country store on my way to VA Tech (with my mother)? 🙂
Why yes we were! Nice to meet you again! My wife and I were tickled to have had that fun encounter. I hope the rest of your trip went well. We made one more stop in Bristol,VA before arriving in Johnson City and all went perfectly.

· Premium Member
ID.4 Pro RWD since 6/21
622 Posts
For a place in the middle of nowhere, Brugh's Mill Country Store certainly gets a lot of air time here. I just did a search and on the forum and got 9 hits! 😂

531 Posts
For a place in the middle of nowhere, Brugh's Mill Country Store certainly gets a lot of air time here. I just did a search and on the forum and got 9 hits! 😂
I think anyone with a good EV charging location would be smart to take note of that. Brugh's Mill Country Store is probably not regretting having the EA station installed one bit. We spent money there, and a fair amount. It was pleasant and comfortable to hang out for a few minutes. Waaay better than sitting in Walmart's scorching hot parking lot! But I'm really happy that Walmart has all those stations nonetheless!

51 Posts
Why yes we were! Nice to meet you again! My wife and I were tickled to have had that fun encounter. I hope the rest of your trip went well. We made one more stop in Bristol,VA before arriving in Johnson City and all went perfectly.
Glad to hear the rest of your trip went well! I tell you, I have talked to more people on my road trips at charging stations than I ever have in my life. Between other electric vehicle owners and the EV curious (in particular, truckers who drive 18 wheelers have asked me tons of questions) I never have to sit and watch my percentage rate increase. 😉

51 Posts
Conveniently right off highway 81, clean bathrooms, cute store to poke around, and the wide front porch with lots of tables and chairs to relax. It’s a great little spot (except when people visiting the gas station sit there and idle with the motor running)!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.