Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please keep comments to this thread about individual reports, dealer and VoA updates. We don't want important details lost in non-material, non-actionable comment.

Creating this thread to share updates on the "Please wait..." navigation system issue. This isn't resolved by a factory reset and my be an indication of faulty hardware.

With this issue, any attempt to navigation will fail with, getting stuck on this screen. It does not timeout.

@Wasyl D first report this issue 3/24:

His ID.4 has been in dealership workshop (Douglas VW, Summit, NJ). They have been working with VW since around 3/20.

I contacted my dealer today (Campbell VW, Edmonds, WA) and the service manager is also in contact with VW. I also opened a case with VW Customer Care and messaged eMobiliy (but I'm guessing responses may be slow since Dustin Krause is doing a cross-country ID.4 drive).

Device-based mapping (Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps) will be a navigational workaround. Car-Net location-based features may be affected, including automatic crash notifications and stolen vehicle location assistance.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the record, my production sequence number is 008534. Perhaps there's a trend with units in a specific production range, with similar component lots.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I have no such tech malfunctions and freezes so I'm sure glad I did purchase. :)

And I would have noticed as my Nav is always on and I have used it for directions a number of times already. In fact I just made a trip this morning with "enter address" via voice input.

Always a Yang to the Yin there is.

But I do feel for those who have experienced same and here's hoping for a speedy resolution.

With all of these reported tech malfunctions and freezes I'm sure glad I didn't purchase.

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
For the record, my production sequence number is 008534. Perhaps there's a trend with units in a specific production range, with similar component lots.
As far as you know, is this car throwing any codes? In other words, would a tool like VCDS be of any use in understanding things?

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as you know, is this car throwing any codes? In other words, would a tool like VCDS be of any use in understanding things?
no faults reported on the display.

As mentioned in another thread. I have the same issue with the navigation not loading. I鈥檝e only been working through my dealer right now. It鈥檚 not a deal breaker as I use CarPlay most of the time. It is annoying for now when the speed sign error message comes up, since it鈥檚 tied to navigation data.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update from my dealer. They've been talking with VW and the @Wasyl D's dealer. It sounds like it's software, which is good news.

I have an appointment next Wednesday where VW will connect to the car to run diagnostics and resolve.

Update from my dealer. They've been talking with talking with VW and the @Wasyl D's dealer. It sounds like it's software, which is good news.

I have an appointment next Wednesday where VW will connect to the car to run diagnostics and resolve.
I haven't experienced any issues like you describe. But it seems kinda' long to boot up. I guess it's searching for satellites.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't experienced any issues like you describe. But it seems kinda' long to boot up. I guess it's searching for satellites.
No, it's likely software that failed to load during the port install.

Our issue is navigation never loads, not slow. I went on a 30 minute drive and navigation never loaded. I'm still waiting for an update on this from my dealer.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I mean when I first get into my car and everything was off, the nav system seems, to me, to take take a while.
Sorry you're having problems.
Got it. Will be interesting to see that behavior when my ID.4 gets fixed. I'm nearly latitude 48.

my car is going in on Monday for a taillight replacement and also leaving it for them to work with VW on this navigation issue. Hopefully it doesn鈥檛 stay there too long and they find a quick simple fix.

my car is going in on Monday for a taillight replacement and also leaving it for them to work with VW on this navigation issue. Hopefully it doesn鈥檛 stay there too long and they find a quick simple fix.
Taillight?
I hope your navigation issue is solved quickly馃. Yours is the first "major" problem I've seen or heard about, good luck.
If you're out a car for long make them give you a premium Tiguan or Atlas Sport!!

My car had condensation on the drivers side body taillight. Didn鈥檛 noticed it until the day after I had it home. They were able to get the taillight in about a week.

I hope they fix this also, lucky I have other cars to use while they have the car for (hopefully) just a day. Let鈥檚 hope they don鈥檛 drag this out.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck @Opalalty. Here's to hoping that the nav is a simple reinstall of the software.

Car still in the shop, no meaningful update from the service guy. I did get a 鈥測ou car-net has been cancelled.鈥 So seems like they probably did a master reset of some kind.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Car still in the shop, no meaningful update from the service guy. I did get a 鈥測ou car-net has been cancelled.鈥 So seems like they probably did a master reset of some kind.
馃 A factory reset in the infotainment will do the Car-Net cancellation.

Reactions: ericy
1 - 20 of 42 Posts