Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any detailed instructions/explanations anywhere? Yeah, I know 3.0 is coming soon, which would probably render them useless, but in the meantime, there are many items, colors, icons, etc. for which I have no explanation.

A particular example is the large vertical bar on the right of the map screen. Sometimes it is gray and sometimes green.
I don't know what it is trying to tell me.

·
596 Posts
I think it's trying to tell you to use wireless Android Auto or Apple CarPlay :D. Although the navigation database has been updated/improved a bit since March 2021, it's still not the best.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,718 Posts
Are there any detailed instructions/explanations anywhere? Yeah, I know 3.0 is coming soon, which would probably render them useless, but in the meantime, there are many items, colors, icons, etc. for which I have no explanation.

A particular example is the large vertical bar on the right of the map screen. Sometimes it is gray and sometimes green.
I don't know what it is trying to tell me.
It is kind of a timeline of your trip. Destination at top, charging stops are along the way. A little yellow road sign if there is a construction zone along the way. Color of the bar itself may have to do with traffic congestion.

It will also show you a selected set of POI near each stop. Usually restaurants, but it is kind of random which ones it shows - I believe if you tap on one, it will be added as a waypoint.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,718 Posts
Ahh, I see. If you don't have a destination set, it has an implied route back to "Home". It won't add charging stops, but the destination flag turns red if you don't have enough juice to get there.

·
917 Posts
Yeah, it assumes without a route that if you aren't home that's where you want to go.

@Electro Magico I don't think there is much else beyond what's in the manual. If you have questions, post them here and lets see if we can all benefit from people's experience with it!

I for one went in yesterday in the settings (I hadn't played around with the nav systems much honestly) and messed around with turning off certain POI's and making sure others were turned on (like charging stops over gas stations). There is a HUGE list of POI's you can turn on even to the point of being silly: Pizza Hut is a POI you can enable for instance. LOL

Ahh, I see. If you don't have a destination set, it has an implied route back to "Home". It won't add charging stops, but the destination flag turns red if you don't have enough juice to get there.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
When I am navigating a route, I understand this bar and most of its icons. When I have route guidance turned off, it essentially does nothing (but waste space?). But sometimes it is green and sometimes gray. Why? Here the bar is indicated by a red arrow.
Map Font Line Urban design Screenshot

And here is a similar photo showing gray.
Map Communication Device Gadget Font Gps navigation device

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The changing from gray to green is not in any way correlated with going home, leaving home, nor near home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts