Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VW dealer quoted me the alignment job: $300, but they also don't have the hardware to adjust the front cambers, so they need to order the hardware. I was thinking $300 for an alignment is too steep. Do you guys know of any national tire shops that can do alignment on the ID.4?

·
17 Posts
The VW dealer quoted me the alignment job: $300, but they also don't have the hardware to adjust the front cambers, so they need to order the hardware. I was thinking $300 for an alignment is too steep. Do you guys know of any national tire shops that can do alignment on the ID.4?
How long have you had your ID for I know you get one free alignment from VW in the first 12 months if needed

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So that means you can’t take a picture and have experts on here check what the dealer supposedly thinks they see? You trust any old dealer mechanic over the experts here?
What does taking a picture do? Seriously? I have a report from the dealer from their alignment machine. I will post a picture of the report later today.

·
1,756 Posts
There are lots of pictures of tire wear on here as you would know I would think? So it’s not some conspiracy to post pictures or ask about them. 1,000’s already have of their problems or are you not paying any attention to this forum?

·
2,788 Posts
Less than eight weeks and alignment issues already, did you experience anything when you just bought your ID4.
Pictures of tire threads on all 4 corners will be more appropriate, alignment printout is okay if you provide, but I'm interested in tire thread pics all 4 tires.

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This is the report that I got from the local VW dealer. I’ve now spent 11 hours in the waiting room (two appointments). And they still couldn’t do the alignment. The first time they didn’t have the right software, and the second time they didn’t have the right hardware to adjust the front cambers. At this point I would normally be pissed if it weren’t for the fact that’s they have never done an alignment on the ID.4 before.
Green Font Line Rectangle Parallel

1 - 20 of 35 Posts