Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard from my dealer that VW might be opening more reservations for the 1st Edition. This possibility was brought up last month when I went to view the car. The dealer did not say how many people on the reservation list would be given the opportunity to switch to the 1st. I had a 1st then switch to a Pro S. I think the 1st is a good deal but the white steering wheel and accents were problematic for me. Plus I don't tow anything (but I rather have it than not), and I prefer the 19s of the 20s. Knowing what you know now, would you keep the Pro S are move to the 1st Edition?

·
681 Posts
I had the opportunity on the first day that the reservations opened to go for a 1st edition. I decided then that I didn't want the white steering wheel/trim and that I did want AWD. I reserved a Pro S AWD and wouldn't change it now.

Reactions: JTL and mmmzon

·
170 Posts
I suspect there are a lot of folks cancelling reservations and moving to AWD. 1st edition should be AWD IMHO

·
23 Posts
Just heard from my dealer that VW might be opening more reservations for the 1st Edition. This possibility was brought up last month when I went to view the car. The dealer did not say how many people on the reservation list would be given the opportunity to switch to the 1st. I had a 1st then switch to a Pro S. I think the 1st is a good deal but the white steering wheel and accents were problematic for me. Plus I don't tow anything (but I rather have it than not), and I prefer the 19s of the 20s. Knowing what you know now, would you keep the Pro S are move to the 1st Edition?
I sent a note of displeasure to my dealer’s ev rep about the delay in my AWD Pro and he replied that there were 1st Edition models now available if I was in a hurry. I replied that I drove a Tiguan 4-Motion and I wanted a AWD.

·
6 Posts
I reserved a 1st Edition with the metallic Blue color and was assured by VWOA that, if I selected black interior, the steering wheel would be black and there would be no white accents. I will see when my "ship comes in". In the meantime, has anyone in a ZEC state gotten past to the "In Production" phase of the wheel that supposedly tracks the production/shipping/local delivery of the ID4?

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
687 Posts
That’s the first I hear of all black interior on First Edition. Curious how this will play out.
Personally I really like the white accents, but would prefer a black steering wheel and column.

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
171 Posts
I reserved a 1st Edition with the metallic Blue color and was assured by VWOA that, if I selected black interior, the steering wheel would be black and there would be no white accents.
As far as I know, you were assured wrong. In the US market, the white steering wheel and white interior accents are marquee features of the 1st edition. They're right at the top of the list on the VW website:

...and called out specifically in the press release from the big reveal back in September:

...as well as in the Order Guide:

·
170 Posts
Yeah it seems that some dealers don't really know what they are talking about. And that's the reason why I'm here. I learned more here in a day then from dealer for more than 5 weeks now

·
67 Posts
As I said on one of the other threads, the FE is no go for me based solely on the "white interior accents." They should give you the option of whether you want this or the European style interior which is much more attractive in my opinion...I'll wait for my RWD Pro.

·
681 Posts
I just received an email from VWOA indicating they were going to make more 1st edition vehicles. I could convert my AWD Pro/S reservation to a 1st edition if I wanted to and they would transfer my $100 deposit. For a variety of reasons I'm keeping my AWD reservation.

Reactions: stealthg

·
470 Posts
@ixlr08,

Same here (however mine is AWD Pro). My biggest reason is waiting to see the other options coming out in 2021 both the Audi Q4 and Ioniq 5 looks interesting. Would like to see all of my options first.

·
170 Posts
+1 for me. White the 1st badge is nice and all, I do not think it is worth the loss of AWD option. In fact, in Colorado getting a RWD car means no mountains in winter time unless I want to mess around with chains. So I am sticking with AWD Pro S for now

·
67 Posts
Yep, just checked my home email, and I got the same message. As much as I would like to get one as soon as possible, I can't stand the "stunning white interior accents", so I'll pass...I still wish I knew the time lag between FE and Pro in terms of delivery dates.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts