Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
107 Posts
That is what they (VW) promised, but ... I have little confidence they can really deliver on time given the battery shortages they have been facing.

·
21 Posts
I almost bought a deeply discounted new or used 2019 VW e-Golf last June for around $20K. I loved the e-Golf when I test drove it, but the estimated 125 mile range was an issue for my wife, so we compromised that I would wait an estimated 6 months for the id.4 which should have twice the range for about 50% higher cost when factoring in the Fed and State incentives. However, the 6 month wait is turning into a year or longer wait...Ugh.

·
107 Posts
I test drove, loved it (used to have 2013 TDI and then 2017 GTI) but small trunk space and very limited range did it for me :(

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
I just received my notice that I can opt for a FE vs. my current Pro on January 7th. Hmmmm ....

·
21 Posts
Yeah, the email says you can change your reservation on January 7 while reservations last. I'm assuming these will go quickly and you'll have to jump on it in order to make the switch.

·
37 Posts
I have a Pro S reserved, and I got that FE offer email too. I don't want 20" wheels or the white interior accents, so I'm sticking with my original reservation. I'd also like to see more real-world range tests conducted in mild weather (I live in Southern California) before I fully commit to an ID.4.

·
5 Posts
I reserved a 1st Edition with the metallic Blue color and was assured by VWOA that, if I selected black interior, the steering wheel would be black and there would be no white accents. I will see when my "ship comes in". In the meantime, has anyone in a ZEC state gotten past to the "In Production" phase of the wheel that supposedly tracks the production/shipping/local delivery of the ID4?
As far as I know, you were assured wrong. In the US market, the white steering wheel and white interior accents are marquee features of the 1st edition. They're right at the top of the list on the VW website:

View attachment 1264

View attachment 1267

...and called out specifically in the press release from the big reveal back in September:

View attachment 1265
...as well as in the Order Guide:

View attachment 1266

·
5 Posts
As far as I know, you were assured wrong. In the US market, the white steering wheel and white interior accents are marquee features of the 1st edition. They're right at the top of the list on the VW website:

View attachment 1264

View attachment 1267

...and called out specifically in the press release from the big reveal back in September:

View attachment 1265

View attachment 1266
I've reserved the Pro RWD. I'm hoping for delivery by May/June timeframe, do you think that's a reasonable expectation?

·
150 Posts
got the e-mail too--for my second "Pro" reservation. As an aside, I'm completely lost as to the "featuring" of the play and pause labels on the pedals. Couldn't care less

·
5 Posts

View attachment 1264

View attachment 1267

View attachment 1265

View attachment 1266
My order confirmation says black interior..maybe just seats?? we shall see!

·
169 Posts
got the e-mail too--for my second "Pro" reservation. As an aside, I'm completely lost as to the "featuring" of the play and pause labels on the pedals. Couldn't care less
Don't worry, the play/pause pedals will be available as a stand alone option on the Pro series as well (or you can wait a few months and find knockoffs for $20 on eBay).

·
38 Posts
My order confirmation says black interior..maybe just seats?? we shall see!
I think that's exactly right. Here's the color matrix from the Order Guide:

Both Galaxy Black and Lunar Gray interiors get the gray dash & platinum gray door inserts. Plus the aforementioned white steering wheel, accents, etc. The white wheel is the biggest reason I didn't order a 1st Edition on day one (I don't want the 20-inch wheels, either, but they're easy enough to swap out). I honestly wasn't too thrilled by the brown leatherette accents on the black-interior Pro models, but when had the chance to see it in person I found the look pretty unobjectionable. Not my first choice, but not a deal breaker, either.

·
150 Posts
So do we have until the 7th to change our orders? Or is it a limited number of orders like the first go around?

·
107 Posts
Limited number of new slots with ordering open on the 7th per the email. No data on what time zone it's in ... I hope not Germany 😁

·
3 Posts
They opened up the ability to switch to an ID.4 First Edition already. Must be on German or Universal (UTC) time for "Jan 7th".

I just switched 30 mins ago to the First Edition. My dealer says the First Edition MSRP is $43,995 and the MSRP on the Pro is $44,495 - so there's a $500 cost saving.

·
23 Posts
They opened up the ability to switch to an ID.4 First Edition already. Must be on German or Universal (UTC) time for "Jan 7th".

I just switched 30 mins ago to the First Edition. My dealer says the First Edition MSRP is $43,995 and the MSRP on the Pro is $44,495 - so there's a $500 cost saving.
I just went into the configurator and it wouldn’t let me choose the 1st as an option. Might try with the laptop instead of the phone.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
339 Posts
New 1st Edition reservations are available on vw.com - not just switches from Pro configs.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts