Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
2004 Phaeton V8
45 Posts
My order confirmation says black interior..maybe just seats?? we shall see!
They opened up the ability to switch to an ID.4 First Edition already. Must be on German or Universal (UTC) time for "Jan 7th".

I just switched 30 mins ago to the First Edition. My dealer says the First Edition MSRP is $43,995 and the MSRP on the Pro is $44,495 - so there's a $500 cost saving.
Really about $2000 savings, FE is Statement + Gradient which would be $44,495 + $1500 - so an even better deal

·
34 Posts
Really about $2000 savings, FE is Statement + Gradient which would be $44,495 + $1500 - so an even better deal
Thats why I switched... I don't need AWD in Texas so yay me. Also chose the black interior, so I'm hoping that means the steering wheel as well. Black seats, white steering wheel, blue paint with the silver trim would annoy me.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
339 Posts
Thats why I switched... I don't need AWD in Texas so yay me. Also chose the black interior, so I'm hoping that means the steering wheel as well. Black seats, white steering wheel, blue paint with the silver trim would annoy me.
Nope, it will be white. Also, the dash will be grey. Seating surfaces, door panels and flooring will be black.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
Black interior was the only selection available with the Blue Dusk exterior on the FE extended-reservation, but I'm fine with that, even with white accents (black & white and blue all over 🤪). I'm used to VAG being black interior centric.

The steering wheel will still be white I believe. Never had one before but an interesting accent. But then I've not had a pure electric EV either so time for all sorts of changes. ;)

·
34 Posts
Black interior was the only selection available with the Blue Dusk exterior on the FE extended-reservation, but I'm fine with that, even with white accents (black & white and blue all over 🤪). I'm used to VAG being black interior centric.

The steering wheel will still be white I believe. Never had one before but an interesting accent. But then I've not had a pure electric EV either so time for all sorts of changes. ;)
That's interesting, I didn't realize that. Oh well, another thing to add to the pros/cons list.

·
220 Posts
Well I made another blue 1st order with the new open window :). Drawn back in part by by Kyle's reviews and the cost / features tradeoffs of the 1st.

From day one everyone has been talking about the sweet 1st price point with the additional almost $10k in incentives (NY), I maybe coming back around to it now.

The Mach-E looks good (went to look at one), but not sure it is worth the $56k+ (AWD, ER) to me right now.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
339 Posts
Well I made another blue 1st order with the new open window :). Drawn back in part by by Kyle's reviews and the cost / features tradeoffs of the 1st.

From day one everyone has been talking about the sweet 1st price point with the additional almost $10k in incentives (NY), I maybe coming back around to it now.

The Mach-E looks good (went to look at one), but not sure it is worth the $56k+ (AWD, ER) to me right now.
Welcome back!

·
3 Posts
Did anyone else notice that the myvw portal has updated some of the vehicle's information?

For example, 0-60 is now showing 7.8s. Last I recalled, that was 8.5s.

Also, the 30min charging spiel now clarifies that this is to get to 70% (from 5% SOC). If memory serves, that used to be 80%.

·
339 Posts
Did anyone else notice that the myvw portal has updated some of the vehicle's information?

For example, 0-60 is now showing 7.8s. Last I recalled, that was 8.5s.

Also, the 30min charging spiel now clarifies that this is to get to 70% (from 5% SOC). If memory serves, that used to be 80%.
The launch announcement stated 5-80% in 38 mins. Could be a nuance in the way the charging is presented.

·
2004 Phaeton V8
45 Posts
I have seen both numbers in relation to the 0-60 time. If I recall though, every time I have seen it as 0-60MPH it was 7.8, but when listed as 0-100kph it was the 8.5

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Ok, I switched from the Pro to the FE. I guess I am going to have to get a steering wheel cover. Between the FE and the Pro S, it's the better deal, right? Also, will the FE have a greater chance of retaining its value due to its limited supply?

·
339 Posts
Ok, I switched from the Pro to the FE. I guess I am going to have to get a steering wheel cover. Between the FE and the Pro S, it's the better deal, right? Also, will the FE have a greater chance of retaining its value due to its limited supply?
Not sure you will want to put a steering wheel cover on. It may affect the way IQ.Drive works. There are sensors in the wheel that identify when your hands are on/off.

·
34 Posts
I doubt it... In fact I would think the opposite. Usually the later models work out the defects of the first models.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts