Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an ID.4 Pro w/Statement package reserved, I just re-configured it to the ID.4 AWD Pro w/Statement. I have had a love/hate relationship with VW for years. I have been a member of TDIclub.com since 2003, shortly after I got my 2002 TDI Golf. Loved that car but rust from the winter salt usage here in Maine put an end to it after 300K miles. We have 5 vehicles and the ID.4 will be our DD along with a '14 TDI Jetta SW. I am hoping my Ross-Tech VCDS will work with the ID.4 like it does with my TDI's.
Jim

Reactions: Dorkchopqueen

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition arrived port-USA
405 Posts
Welcome! I can certainly understand the desire for AWD in Maine. "Nine months of Winter followed by three months of darn poor sledding." 😆

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition arrived port-USA
405 Posts
I don't live in Maine but have enjoyed much that your beautiful state has to offer, especially skiing in Winter, for many years. Hence AWD empathy. ;)

·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ixlr08,

What part of Maine?
Mid-Coast, near Rockland. I have a 1/4 mile long dirt road to get out of in the winter... hence the AWD. I also want the better performance of the dual motors. Also, 95% of my driving will be trips will be less than 60 miles round trip so range is not that important to me. If I need range... I will take my TDI.

·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I can certainly understand the desire for AWD in Maine. "Nine months of Winter followed by three months of darn poor sledding." 😆
Hey, it is only 8 months of winter, followed by 1 month of mud season, 2 months of mosquito's and one good month in the fall.

·
267 Posts
Nice area of Maine. Would love to ski or mountain bike the Snow Bowl in Camden at some point. I am always just passing by that area on my way up to Bar Harbor.

·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome @ixlr08
What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding on the ID.4?
Thanks for the welcome.
EV's were not on my radar until last spring when I went on a 18 hr road trip from Maine to Virginia and back. Tesla M3's were everywhere, most were passing me and the drivers looked to be having fun. I considered the M3's briefly but there were a few red flags about the way Tesla does business, and the nearest service center is almost 3 hrs away. Then I saw the ID.4 and thought it would be a good replacement for my Golf TDI, which was killed by rust after 300K miles. I learned to fix the TDI and I am hoping the ID.4 will be as easy to work on and will follow typical VW construction/design, which I am now familiar with.

·
303 Posts
Welcome to the forum @ixlr08! The ID.4 shouldn't be too bad to maintain or work on because there's just less parts to worry about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts