Volkswagen ID Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

Proud FE owner
My wife finds the back seat comfortable enough to allow our daughters to share shotgun.

Reactions: egsell

The wife consistently comments that the car is very premium. Admittedly, she is coming from an older vehicle herself and I was previously driving a 2018 Hyundai Kona, so we weren't coming from anything high-end. Still, wife approved factor is definitely a big plus for me, especially since the gameplan is for us to perform some serious road tripping with our free 3 years of EA charging. She has been very happy with the whole passenger seat package.

ID.4 1st Edition
It's an awesome car. I picked up my daughter from an activity yesterday, and as she got into the car, unprompted, she said, 鈥淚 love this car,鈥 with more expression than a typical teenager.

You step into this oasis of a car, and all your stress melts away.

Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
My only regret is that I don't have many places that I need to drive. Just going to Lowes on weekends isn't really doing much for me right now:p
We walk or hike daily, as part of our work-from-home fitness routine. With the ID4 we drive to guilt-free further away destinations for that, typically a 15-25 min drive one way. Like @Michael SD says, the stress melts away when inside the car.

Reactions: gorj

ID.4 1st Edition
A sudden, new reason to love this car: I was backing slowly out of a parking space, and someone approached from the right, too fast for me to see. But not too fast for the ID4. It automatically slammed on the brakes before I even knew what was happening. The driver of the other car was clearly oblivious and kept going. I was saved from a costly accident.

ID.4 FE Blue
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
A sudden, new reason to love this car: I was backing slowly out of a parking space, and someone approached from the right, too fast for me to see. But not too fast for the ID4. It automatically slammed on the brakes before I even knew what was happening. The driver of the other car was clearly oblivious and kept going. I was saved from a costly accident.
Same happened to me today!

Reactions: Dana

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
We walk or hike daily, as part of our work-from-home fitness routine. With the ID4 we drive to guilt-free further away destinations for that, typically a 15-25 min drive one way. Like @Michael SD says, the stress melts away when inside the car.
We do most of our walking in our own neighborhood - we have about a 2 mile loop. And if it isn't walking, work around the house.

There is an incredible amount of wildlife that I have seen from our windows - eagles, geese, ducks, herons, swans, foxes, rabbits, deer and others. My wife once looked out the window and saw a red-tailed fox trotting down our driveway with a fish in it's mouth (it had pulled it from the pond next to the house).

1) The quiet cabin (quieter than any EV on the market)
2) Turning radius
3) Short body length
4) Driver's screen (simple they have dropped worthless information like miles driven etc. off the dash)
5) Attractiveness, I have the black with the large 1st edition rims looks like a Range Rover, the rear is also equally attractive.

We bought this ID4 because my wife liked it. She said this is the first vehicle we have owned that she is excited about! We have had many in the past 26 years. The ID4 is an awesome vehicle. Several have already expressed my sentiments, so I will not repeat them. The Id4 is the most interesting vehicle I have owned. It constantly surprises me even down to the triangular parcel holders for the luggage area. I have a Mercedes CLK 350 so I am familiar with German engineering and the ID4 has taken taken it to a new level. It was worth the wait!

Being in the hot and humid southern US, the ability to pre-cool the ID.4 using the Car-Net app has been wonderful.

The amount of room inside compared to the length and width of the vehicle body just about blows me away. It鈥檚 roomier and more comfortable for the driver and passenger versus the 2017 Outback that it replaced.

Reactions: Dana and gorj

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
I can't think of anything to to add to this list except that "I am having SO MUCH FUN" with this car. SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

WAF (wife approval factor) is reported as high from several of us, which bodes well for VW.
My wife has never loved a car I brought home on a test drive, until now. This is the first time in my life she has ever asked to go take a car around the block by herself. Never cared for my Volvos, VW, BMW, or Tesla. The ID.4 is something special.

ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
I know plenty of cars have heated steering wheels, but this is the first time I've ever driven one, on a cool night, to boot. Mmmmm... Nice!

Reactions: sprylo

2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
I know plenty of cars have heated steering wheels, but this is the first time I've ever driven one, on a cool night, to boot. Mmmmm... Nice!
The ID.4 heated wheel is really great too imo, the 2017 Bolt we had with a heated wheel was just on or off, no settings, and when it was on it felt somewhat lackluster in really cold weather...felt like I had to move my hands around the wheel to get at the heat from a different area. Not so on the ID.4! I had it set to high the other night when it was just a little cold out, and it actually got too hot for me!

My wife has never loved a car I brought home on a test drive, until now. This is the first time in my life she has ever asked to go take a car around the block by herself. Never cared for my Volvos, VW, BMW, or Tesla. The ID.4 is something special.
I tested an ID4 and came home and told my wife about it and we went to the dealer and she drove one and said lets buy it. In 26 years she has never been as much interested in a vehicle as the ID4. I have never driven a car like the ID4. But then this is first EV I have owned.

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
Same here. Mine compared driving the Volvo to driving the living room couch. She didn't care much for the Kona (don't remember why). But she really likes the ID.4, and is paying a lot more attention to charging, and she took the car out solo a few weeks ago to go to her sister's and back.

ID.4 FE Blue
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I do like the heated steering wheel, but both the wheel and the seats heat up too slowly for me. Minimally, car net needs to support pre-heating.

I do like the heated steering wheel, but both the wheel and the seats heat up too slowly for me. Minimally, car net needs to support pre-heating.
Does this not happen already when you have the steering wheel and seat heater configured to come on automatically based on outside temp? I haven't experimented enough to see if it works via car-net. It does work when I just hop in the car though.

Proud FE owner
I like that there are two different sized cupholders in the back armrest. I went on a coffee run for the family and had every cup carefully secured...except for the one I left on the roof after being distracted... At least I was going to wash anyway.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts