Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
89 Posts
I like that there are two different sized cupholders in the back armrest. I went on a coffee run for the family and had every cup carefully secured...except for the one I left on the roof after being distracted... At least I was going to wash anyway.
That reminds me, the ability to swap the front cup holders with the partitions in the center console behind the phone nook is also a nice touch.

·
67 Posts
I posted a long laundry list of improvements I'd like to see on the ID.4 on that other thread. I think it's only fair that I list a few things that really impress me:

Fit and finish are top-notch. Panel gaps, paint, everything. This is a well-built car. Yes, I'm looking at that other electric car brand that's US based...

The audio system isn't bad for a base system. Sure, I'd love to have an upgrade, but for a base system it's pretty good. Yea, that's thin praise, but I see a lot of complaints and they need to be offset a bit. It's fine for 90% of the buyers out there.

Common to all electric vehicles is the near-instantaneous torque. This car has that too. As a daily driver, I think the torque curve is perfect. Lots of grunt from 3-40 MPH or so, and it tails off above that but there's still plenty of oomph for the freeway. And it's just effortless. Love it. LOVE! This is going to cost me an early set of tires, I'm afraid. <Sigh>

Range, so far, has been far above advertised. I'm averaging 3.5-3.6 mi/kWh on a 1st Edition. Of course, this is in the perfect temperature zone of 65-85F for EVs, but it's been phenomenal. I got 3.7 mi/kWh on a 250 mile freeway drive at 70MPH - but I tend to find a semi and get behind them on the closest range ACC setting. I wish I could get just a bit closer... There is plenty of range for a daily driver around town. Road trips just take a bit of planning and you might not be able to use the route you'd like, yet.

Related to above, I got to use the EA charging network on the way home from picking the car up. There was a learning curve, but it was fine. With more EVs coming, I expect to see vast improvements in the charging networks in the coming years: locations, amenities (could we cover them, please?), etc. And, of course, plug-and-charge is coming.

Charging at home is just the cat's meow. I know some have had problems with timed charging, and there are lots of people that don't have a driveway or garage. But, wow. Get home in the evening, plug in, and wake up with a full-range car. Amazingly easy. No gas stations! Someone mentioned to me the price of gas for their fill-up the other day, and I actually had no idea if it was a good price or not. I actually snickered. Sorry, not sorry.

The sunshade on the glass roof. Stupendous! Any car with a glass roof that doesn't have a sunshade (it could be manual or an insert) is just not fit for duty. Ask me again when the temps hit the upper 90s, but for now (upper 80s and sunny) it's just lovely.

To my driving style, B-mode is just about perfect around town. I'd like a bit more adjustability on it, and of course it needs to be able to bring the car to a complete stop - but it's a great intro to B-mode.

Super quiet car...above 20MPH and when you're not in reverse. Ahem. But driving along at speed this is just a wonderfully quiet car.

The imitation leather seat surfaces are very nice, way nicer than any other imitation leather I've sat on. I exclusively buy cars with cloth seats because I dislike leather and imitation leather...and I bought this one. 'Nuff said.

The seats are really comfy, too.

Pre-cooling the car. In the garage. While it's plugged in, so I'm not hurting range for the day. I am completely spoiled now.

Wireless CarPlay for me, Android Auto for others. Lovely. Yea, there are audio drops with CarPlay. Ugh. But it's still a great feature, those can be fixed and I hope they are soon. This should be standard in all cars.

The adaptive cruise control and travel assist (lane centering, not the lane nanny) mode are excellent.

I'm sure there's more. I find myself enjoying the car more and more. If you're on the fence about trying an EV, this is a great car to jump in on, even more so with the US tax credit. It's supposed to be VW's next Beetle, and I do think it will be.

·
8 Posts
I was looking at the APR for ID4, would anyone share some light on their experiences or would like to share how much you've got for your ID4 ?

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
457 Posts
VWs promotional 2.06% rate expired today, but expect something similar to be posted in the next day or two.

·
36 Posts
Have they been offering cheap interest rates on the ID4? My impression to date from what I've read on their web site is that this model has not been eligible for the low interest rate promotions, that it only applies to their ICE models. Have I misread that?

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
457 Posts
Yes, when I purchased end of March they offered 1.85 on the ID.4 while simultaneously 0% on Atlas and others, if I recall correctly.

If you search ID4 and 2.06 right now, dealership and car site websites come up showing the April offers.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
Today I played with ACC. I’ve never had a car with it before. Wow, so cool and unless a bonehead cuts right in front of you it works really nicely. I’d had basic cruise control in all of my other cars and it just wasn’t worth the hassle in any kind of well traveled road. Then I tried ACC and Travel Assist. WOW, even cooler. It did make an odd cut at one point, but worked really well on the crap I-5 In LA.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
Yes, when I purchased end of March they offered 1.85 on the ID.4 while simultaneously 0% on Atlas and others, if I recall correctly.

If you search ID4 and 2.06 right now, dealership and car site websites come up showing the April offers.
I was able to get 2.39% on a 72 month loan from my dealer, but they apparently went through Wells Fargo for that, not VW credit.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
Today as I was coming from a highway offramp I punched it while turning hard left just to be sure to clear the intersection and for an instant broke free the rear tires with a characteristic chirp. I forgot I was in Sport mode and it really surprised me. Still getting used to electric high torque and enjoying it. ;)
There are times like this when it really does feel like a GTI.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
754 Posts
Today as I was coming from a highway offramp I punched it while turning hard left just to be sure to clear the intersection and for an instant broke free the rear tires with a characteristic chirp. I forgot I was in Sport mode and it really surprised me. Still getting used to electric high torque and enjoying it. ;)
There are times like this when it really does feel like a GTI.
The place to be careful is when you are crossing an intersection where they have white things painted in the road. When it is raining, your tires can break free on those things. In my Kona, I started to let off the accelerator when crossing those things just to avoid this.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
Thanks and I agree but this was dry and onto a very secondary road. A ‘T’ not a 4-way as well.

The place to be careful is when you are crossing an intersection where they have white things painted in the road. When it is raining, your tires can break free on those things. In my Kona, I started to let off the accelerator when crossing those things just to avoid this.

·
173 Posts
I have had a bad fall and tore my ACL when my scooter wheel skidded on one of the painted part of the road. they have absolutely no friction and its like skating on ice.

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
111 Posts
The UPS delivery guy needed a signature for a package yesterday, and my wife answered the door. Our ID.4 is parked out front, and he was absolutely thrilled to get to talk with someone who owned one, apparently he had been following it quite closely. He excitedly told her about it winning the "World Car of the Year" award, which really impressed her. She loved our Leaf and was a bit skeptical about the ID.4 at first, but told the UPS guy that it is a fantastic car and she loves it. She drives it every day while I work at home, so it must be making a good impression!

We've only had ours for a little over a month, but we already have about 2000 miles on it, and have taken it on one ~800 mile trip. Aside from being extremely quiet and comfortable, one big improvement I have noticed coming from another EV is that the "Guess-O-Meter" is actually very accurate. The Leaf plays all sorts of tricks that make estimating the real range remaining a challenge, though we did have LeafSpy and pushed below "0%" when we had to, but it looks like the range displayed in the ID.4 is accurate and reliable.

·
ID.4 FE Blue
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I know this was mentioned multiple times (including by myself): the turn radius on the RWD models is INSANE. When I pick up my sandwich from Wawa, I am parked curbside and have to make a 180. Always a two point turn in my Subaru Legacy. The ID.4 does it in one turn. 😀

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
Pretty much all likes from Motorweek's recent review (I know, they like most every vehicle, but this was still good imho): :)

101 - 117 of 117 Posts