Volkswagen ID Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
397 Posts
I like the conservative styling of my Pro in the front and side views, but have mixed feelings about the back view. Anyway, I have this Spartan view that form should follow function in cars, so the appearance is of secondary importance to me. Had my Pro 10 days and I notice that I can easily crack the power windows open to allow some hot air to escape when parked. In most cars I've owned in the last 20 this is very time consuming to do as they overshoot and open too far or just want to go all the way down. So I've hated power windows until now. Another thing, ID.4 has the best outside mirrors I've ever seen in a car as they are large and wide so you can see several lanes or more to the left. This is important as in my area folks all too often suddenly cut across 3 or more lanes to barely make a highway exit. If you're not aware of a car beginning that move you might be changing a lane to the left and wham - sideswipe. My base Pro seems like a huge luxury car to me coming from a Bolt LT. It seems larger than my Mazda CX-5 did. I think of the ID.4 as a midsize SUV.
Don't know if you're aware but you can tap and hold the rear window button until it starts flashing, then you can control all 4 windows simultaneously with just the driver switch!

·
2021 ID.4 1st - blue, of course
8 Posts
Just did a first trip into the mountains. Host said steep, gravel driveway, 4x4 required.
Don't let that stop my 2+ tons of electricity in my RWD First Edition...

It's amazing how smoothly the traction control can harness the power and bring you up hill. Does it feel fully competent? of course not. But it feels effortless thanks to the immediate torque, the traction control, and boy, is the steering heaven on a twisty, narrow, steep gravel strip. Compared to our 4x4 truck, it just seems so smooth to get up that hill... Of course, with the truck you never doubt it can make it, but you have to work at it. and don't get stopped in the wrong spot or you have a tough time get it to smoothly roll again.

Definitely more capable than I was expection. Oh, and I totally understand Tanner Fousts comment about B-mode in the mountains. it's just soooo easy to modulate the climb rate up AND down this way. Highly impressed

just some thoughts! :)

·
2 Posts
The display behind the steering wheel that shows only the most important info and that is attached to the steering wheel so it stays always visible, no matter how you adjust the steering wheel, is the single best design feature on a car that I have seen in decades. There are just so many things on this car that make me go: wow, that is really well thought out. But that display to me is the no. 1 item. Also, the seats are sooo comfy, yet supportive.

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
133 Posts
The best thing about this car to me has been how smooth it drives, how quickly it picks up speed (for me...I put 20 car lengths on any car when light turns from red to green even those 500hp cars out there), how good the suspension and driving mechanics are for an SUV weighing 4500lbs. It's the perfect family car. All passengers feel comfortable throughout the whole ride. They never even feel how fast we are going (70mph feels the same as 30mph).

On top of that; I am in love with ACC and how easy it makes driving for me, the capacitive buttons which work better than real buttons that have gaps for intrusion of dust and moisture, how easy it is to use the infotainment system (even though others have different opinions). Overall it is the perfect vehicle for my family and I.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts