Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked the US ID.4 page and found this message when going to build an ID.4.

"Pricing and product specifications shown are for Model Year ‘21 vehicles. Based on production timing, placing a reservation now will result in assignment of a Model Year ’22 vehicle. Pricing, product specifications, pick-up timeframes and other product details may change between Model Year ’21 and Model Year ’22 vehicles. Should you place a reservation, we will notify you when Model Year ‘22 details are available to review. You will have a chance to modify your configuration before production."

Looks like the change to 2022 is somewhat around the corner. I'm not sure what this means for those of us who were 15-1 and are now 3 on our reservations.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Rectangle Number

·
6 Posts
I locked a RWD Pro on 8/30 and my status has remained 03 throughout this time. I wonder if I’ll be moved to a 2022 model.

·
2016 VW E-Golf SE - Pure White
5 Posts
When logging into my reservation account it appears mine will change to a '22 but I have not locked yet. I placed my reservation on 10/30 and still waiting for lock opportunity.

·
966 Posts
Maybe the best strategy now is to put in another reservation?
I have decided that is always the best strategy, mostly because you can do it at a different dealer who might have more allocations and get it much quicker. The drawback to doing that right now is you might get a 2021 model even with this strategy, if there starts to be a lot of cancellations of orders when people in Feb. are still getting 2021 models. I am seriously considering it myself after waiting > 11 months for mine.

Reactions: Dougie01

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up putting in a second reservation for the known '22 model year and will see how everything plays out. Who knows if the '22 will have different options or features. I'd like to see a couple more color choices and an audio system upgrade (not getting my hopes up though).

·
4 Posts
I locked a RWD Pro on 8/30 and my status has remained 03 throughout this time. I wonder if I’ll be moved to a 2022 model.
I'm about a month ahead of you, actually spoke with VW directly and confirmed my car hasn't been scheduled for production yet. At this point I'm still going to wait it out but it does look like it'll be a 2022 model. I would almost rather wait until the late 2022 TN build ID4s ship but with things the way they are I'm just going to buy this dang car whenever it arrives.

·
10 Posts
Maybe the best strategy now is to put in another reservation?
VW is running into supply issues too. They dropped 5,000 cars back in their current ID.4 timeline. If they start putting 2022 changes into the production line they'll probably call them 2022. Especially if they can make the changes during supply problem slowdowns.

·
40 Posts
I just checked the US ID.4 page and found this message when going to build an ID.4.

"Pricing and product specifications shown are for Model Year ‘21 vehicles. Based on production timing, placing a reservation now will result in assignment of a Model Year ’22 vehicle. Pricing, product specifications, pick-up timeframes and other product details may change between Model Year ’21 and Model Year ’22 vehicles. Should you place a reservation, we will notify you when Model Year ‘22 details are available to review. You will have a chance to modify your configuration before production."

Looks like the change to 2022 is somewhat around the corner. I'm not sure what this means for those of us who were 15-1 and are now 3 on our reservations.

View attachment 7435
What it means is as I said previously expect the price of the car to increase in 2022.

·
Kings Red Pro S w/Gradient
47 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. I put in my reservation 8/29 and my ID.4 has already been built (Step 4 of 7). Wonder what's taking so long with yours. 🤔

·
6 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. I put in my reservation 8/29 and my ID.4 has already been built (Step 4 of 7). Wonder what's taking so long with yours. 🤔
Some have speculated that non-base models are getting priority over the bare bones versions.

·
2016 VW E-Golf SE - Pure White
5 Posts
Some have speculated that non-base models are getting priority over the bare bones versions.
Seems this may be the case. I reserved a Moonstone Gray RWD Pro on 10/30 and still have not received the email for the extra $400 to I guess lock the reservation. I'm just fine and dandy if mine gets pushed to a '22 model as I am in no huge rush - figure it will let some more software bugs be worked out in the mean time.

·
2 Posts

View attachment 7435

·
2 Posts
Hi. New to the forum. Have not ordered my ID.4 yet, but am planning to soon. It seems as though any reservations made now will be for a 2022 model. Also, VW hasn’t set pricing for the 2022 models. Two questions: I * heard* that the 2022s might actually be priced LOWER than the ‘21s. Anyone else heard that? Second, since the sale is completed through a local dealership, is there any guarantee that the dealer won’t mark up the price significantly? Thanks!

·
966 Posts
I * heard* that the 2022s might actually be priced LOWER than the ‘21s. Anyone else heard that? Second, since the sale is completed through a local dealership, is there any guarantee that the dealer won’t mark up the price significantly?
The cheaper model VW has talked about many places is the smaller battery base model for $35k with around 200 mile range. Since they have not announced it yet, all subject to change. No guarantee on price markups but most dealers have been good about it. Recommend you ask before you choose them as a dealer what markups or add-ons they will do.

Reactions: Dougie01

·
10 Posts
Hi. New to the forum. Have not ordered my ID.4 yet, but am planning to soon. It seems as though any reservations made now will be for a 2022 model. Also, VW hasn’t set pricing for the 2022 models. Two questions: I * heard* that the 2022s might actually be priced LOWER than the ‘21s. Anyone else heard that? Second, since the sale is completed through a local dealership, is there any guarantee that the dealer won’t mark up the price significantly? Thanks!
The ID.4 base built in Chattanooga was listed as about $36k. But when they actually start rolling out next year seems to be rolling back. On one hand they are running pre sale models, testing the line I guess. On the other I hear they are pushed back to September or so. That seems like a lengthy gap but there may be issues like supply?

The price on my order last month hasn't changed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts