Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
966 Posts
Maybe the best strategy now is to put in another reservation?
I have decided that is always the best strategy, mostly because you can do it at a different dealer who might have more allocations and get it much quicker. The drawback to doing that right now is you might get a 2021 model even with this strategy, if there starts to be a lot of cancellations of orders when people in Feb. are still getting 2021 models. I am seriously considering it myself after waiting > 11 months for mine.

Reactions: Dougie01

·
966 Posts
I * heard* that the 2022s might actually be priced LOWER than the ‘21s. Anyone else heard that? Second, since the sale is completed through a local dealership, is there any guarantee that the dealer won’t mark up the price significantly?
The cheaper model VW has talked about many places is the smaller battery base model for $35k with around 200 mile range. Since they have not announced it yet, all subject to change. No guarantee on price markups but most dealers have been good about it. Recommend you ask before you choose them as a dealer what markups or add-ons they will do.

Reactions: Dougie01
1 - 2 of 2 Posts