Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
10 Posts
Maybe the best strategy now is to put in another reservation?
VW is running into supply issues too. They dropped 5,000 cars back in their current ID.4 timeline. If they start putting 2022 changes into the production line they'll probably call them 2022. Especially if they can make the changes during supply problem slowdowns.

·
10 Posts
Hi. New to the forum. Have not ordered my ID.4 yet, but am planning to soon. It seems as though any reservations made now will be for a 2022 model. Also, VW hasn’t set pricing for the 2022 models. Two questions: I * heard* that the 2022s might actually be priced LOWER than the ‘21s. Anyone else heard that? Second, since the sale is completed through a local dealership, is there any guarantee that the dealer won’t mark up the price significantly? Thanks!
The ID.4 base built in Chattanooga was listed as about $36k. But when they actually start rolling out next year seems to be rolling back. On one hand they are running pre sale models, testing the line I guess. On the other I hear they are pushed back to September or so. That seems like a lengthy gap but there may be issues like supply?

The price on my order last month hasn't changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts