Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
569 Posts
What is your headlight set too? Does that show auto as well? Is the headlight on?
Trying to figure out if it could be a hanging/glitchy gateway module.

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So how do u explain this. It is around noon Time in CA and when I use auto mode it goes to night setting but only for the map. See pic. Daylight and night mode
I've noticed it doesn't take much of a shadow on the car to put the screen into night mode -- driving under an overpass, going into my garage and similar will all trigger a change. However, it also quickly goes back to the daytime setting when I'm back out in the light.

·
486 Posts
I've noticed it doesn't take much of a shadow on the car to put the screen into night mode -- driving under an overpass, going into my garage and similar will all trigger a change. However, it also quickly goes back to the daytime setting when I'm back out in the light.
I'd almost bet your headlights are being activated, causing the screen to go into night mode.

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
91 Posts
Happens to me going under freeway overpasses and when I pull into my garage. A sudden change in light will trigger the headlights and subsequent dimming of display. I'm not sure if this is exactly what's happening but I get it all the time. You can adjust when the lights do their thing in the settings (I believe you can at least).

·
486 Posts
BTW, I found a way to completely black out the infotainment screen, except for the column of white icons on the left. In one of the middle two of the three allowed horizontal swipe tiled infotainment screens, delete all the tiles. The screen stays black in night mode and it is persistent across restarts. So far.

·
ID. 4 Pro - Scale Silver
59 Posts
^This is perfect! In fact, this is darker than infotainment off as there is no analog or secondary time display

21 - 28 of 28 Posts