Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
48 Posts
This was one I was considering, but can’t wait until late next year for it to arrive. Looks like an interesting option. As an aside, has the camera person for this video ever heard of zoom? Awful.

·
18 Posts
I am considering this along side the VW. I like both cars. I want four wheel drive so the Ariya and the ID.4 will be arriving around the same time next year. The Ariya looks to be more powerful and it’s 4 wheel drive perhaps more sporty.

In time there will be more reviews of both vehicles and I can make an informed choice. I think Nissan will start promoting the Ariya in the US next month.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am considering this along side the VW. I like both cars. I want four wheel drive so the Ariya and the ID.4 will be arriving around the same time next year. The Ariya looks to be more powerful and it’s 4 wheel drive perhaps more sporty.

In time there will be more reviews of both vehicles and I can make an informed choice. I think Nissan will start promoting the Ariya in the US next month.
I agree it's an interesting choice. I think the VW wins out on looks, especially the backside, but this has some features going for it, including a heads up display and heat pump. It's also at the same price point as the ID.4 so should be a competitive offering. I like the driver info display behind the steering better on the Ariya, but like the main screen of the VW better so far ( independent of the functionality ).

·
18 Posts
The VW‘s design is quite pleasing but more conventional. The Ariya may have higher aspirations and is more daring. The Ariya both inside and outside is making a statement about Japanese culture that I admire.

I like both cars but want to actually see them before deciding.

In one respect I think the Ariya is definitely superior, the color selection. VW’s are quite conventional.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

at 23:46 Kyle says he doesn’t see how anyone could consider the Ariya over the ID.4. So having seen both he is clearly far more impressed with the ID.4

·
18 Posts
So he prefers the looks of the VW. Not everyone agrees.
I would value his opinion as a reviewer more highly if he had actually driven both cars before passing judgement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts