Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

For anyone in NJ who has an ID.4 on order, have you spoken to anyone at your dealership about the change in the EV incentive? According to the Charge-Up NJ website (in the FAQs section) any electric vehicle purchased between 12/16/2020 and before the start of the point-of-sale program in summer 2021 will not be eligible for an incentive. This puts anyone who ordered a 1st Edition in a tough place, especially since we have no control over when VW will deliver the car.

I have an appointment with my dealership on 1/16 and I plan to ask them about this because in my opinion anyone who pre-ordered a 1st Edition will be getting the shaft. Unless delivery of 1st Editions are pushed to the summer, early adopters are basically being punished. I could cancel my 1st Edition and pre-order for the later delivery, but that will be too close to when my fiancé and I are planning to apply for a mortgage so I don't think that will be an option for me either.

So before I go on 1/16 I wanted to see if any NJ purchasers have any news on this?

Thanks!

·
44 Posts
This sucks. This might make me get the Pro with gradient package. Please let us know what you dealer says. This would make the Ioniq 5 very tempting for me.

·
194 Posts
Not sure if there is anything helpful here, but while I was over at the Mach-E forum (similar problem, with first Mach-E ordered a year ago due for delivery soon), there were several pages of discussion on this topic, We just got screwed by New Jersey

At least you still get no state tax? If you like the features of the 1st, it is $2k under the equivalent Pro, so that kind of reduces the loss from $5k to $3k?

We get $2k in NY, but no break on the sales tax. Although the NY sales tax is lower if you do a trade-in to tax the net price after the trade in credit which is nice.

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@spaceid when you meet your dealer can you ask when we can see the vehicle in person in NJ. the roadshow kinda stopped @Boston.
They didn’t have any updated news on this yet. Everyone there was really nice, but said they have yet to receive training.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts