Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
220 Posts
This sucks. This might make me get the Pro with gradient package. Please let us know what you dealer says. This would make the Ioniq 5 very tempting for me.

·
220 Posts
I also received this email from Ann King with the New Jersey Charge Up program.

"We have just reviewed your application and need additional information.

Our program requires you to have purchased or leased your vehicle by the deadline of December 15, 2020 to be eligible. We also grant approval for vehicles ordered by this deadline. I am reaching out as a courtesy before processing your application. If you ordered the vehicle before the December 15, 2020 deadline, please submit an order agreement as proof. This can be a file, email, document or even screenshot that must include: your name, dealership, order date, VIN and make and model. However, if you did not order or purchase your vehicle by December 15, 2020 your application will not be approved."

So it looks like I could be approved, but I need to have that information in bold. I am having trouble getting anything like that from my dealer. I asked VW CustomerCare and they don't have that info either. Called my dealer today, they transferred me between people and then hung up on me while I while I was on hold. I heard the phone pick up and hang up immediately after.
The problem here is that we did not get the VINs by Dec 15th. When they mean order, i think they mean in the traditional sense and not a reservation system. My 2 cents.

·
220 Posts
So good news, after a lot of back and forth I was approved for the $5000. Bad news, they have run out of funding for this fiscal year, but they are anticipating for the funding to be approved again at the end of June, so I should get my payment in July at the earliest.

In the end I sent them the confirmation email from when I put down the $400 and let them know that I spoke to my dealer and VW Customer Care and that this was the best they could do. My case when to special review, but it worked!!!

Here is a copy of the email:
"Dear ****,

Your Charge Up New Jersey Incentive application meets our eligibility criteria for your Volkswagen ID.4 for $5,000.00. Funding is allocated on a fiscal year basis, and we have reached the funding cap for this fiscal year. Incentives are available only while funding lasts.

While your application meets all our eligibility criteria, Official approval is contingent upon funding of the FY22 Clean Energy Budget. The Board typically approves a budget at the end of June each year, and we anticipate renewed funding at that time.

Your incentive check will be delayed until the next funding disbursement in Summer 2021. There is no action needed from you at the moment. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. We thank you for your patience.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474
[email protected]
chargeup.njcleanenergy.com"
Nice work. Congratulations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts