Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to EA in Medford, NY to charge tonight and there was a Kona already there. Then a Mustang and another ID showed up. Normally I'm the only car there. This was also the first ID I've seen in the wild. Had fun talking to those folks.
20210721_193934.jpg

Good shot. It makes the Kona look kind of small next to the ID.4.

I've used an EA station 4 times. Only once was there another car - in fact there was another ID.4, a Bolt and a Leaf at the same time. The bolt owner came over and complained that he could only get 50 kw when mine was showing 105.

So many people like that Bolt owner do no research before signing on the dotted line. I had to tell a Bolt owner that yes she could use the 350kW charger but it wouldn鈥檛 be any faster. That the car tell the charger how much juice to use.

On the way back from Oregon at the Sutherlin EA, we had a full house. 2 Konas, 3 ID.4s and an e-tron. Only 3 chargers were working out of 4. One Kona eventually gave up waiting. We had to wait about 15 min for one of the other ID.4s to finish. We were the last to leave though and no one else showed, so I guess it was a temporary traffic jam. But this kind of thing will get worse everywhere before it gets better.

2018 Chevy Bolt (ID4 future owner?)
On the way back from Oregon at the Sutherlin EA, we had a full house. 2 Konas, 3 ID.4s and an e-tron. Only 3 chargers were working out of 4. One Kona eventually gave up waiting. We had to wait about 15 min for one of the other ID.4s to finish. We were the last to leave though and no one else showed, so I guess it was a temporary traffic jam. But this kind of thing will get worse everywhere before it gets better.
My last DCFC session was at an EA site on Memorial Day with 4 plugs. All 4 were in use, Bolt, ID4, Kona, Niro.

I was at the CCS\CHAdeMO unit and chuckled when a Model Y drove by slowly, looking disappointed that she could not use the CHAdeMO plug. Apparently, the Supercharger a few miles down the road had a long queue as is not uncommon at Tesla sites on holiday weekends.

2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient (currently waiting for arrival at dealer)
This is day 5 since I took delivery of my ID.4. I have charged twice at EA. Two different locations and have not had another car there besides me either time.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife charged there last night and she was all alone......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts