Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
298 Posts
Was it still max. at 36kw? Even a Rivian that can charge max. 200kw and 150kw at 50% full was getting only 36kw recently. Did you call EA to report that 3 were not working?
Yes I reported the 1 of 4 working being ridiculous as did an etron that arrived after I started.

·
1,086 Posts
I think it is a local contractor problem. We have a new repair technician here with an e-Tron suv and he seems to be keeping up with most of the broken chargers. Finally!

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
298 Posts
I think it is a local contractor problem. We have a new repair technician here with an e-Tron suv and he seems to be keeping up with most of the broken chargers. Finally!
It may be, but I have traveled as today 4,005 miles since May 30 and charged with EA 41 times. I don't know how many locations didn't have a least one problem that I was aware of. On a positive note I never had to wait but others had to wait on me since was lucky enough to get there first with only 1 charger working. I have had to change chargers a lot during this trip. There simply isn't a good reason for all of the outages except poor management by EA.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD
2 Posts
Hey that's me! (Long time lurker, first time poster) I remember saying to my wife that this is only the second time I've been there where it has filled up (and we charge in Medford often), and yours was only the third ID.4 I've seen in the wild. She said "Somebody just took a picture," so I guess that was you!

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey that's me! (Long time lurker, first time poster) I remember saying to my wife that this is only the second time I've been there where it has filled up (and we charge in Medford often), and yours was only the third ID.4 I've seen in the wild. She said "Somebody just took a picture," so I guess that was you!
Welcome to the group, Rich! That is only the second time I've seen Medford full. Most of the time I'm the only one. Where do you live?

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD
2 Posts
Welcome to the group, Rich! That is only the second time I've seen Medford full. Most of the time I'm the only one. Where do you live?
Thanks! I live in Rocky Point, sadly a desert when it comes to EA on the island (or most fast chargers, really - the north shore in Suffolk is pretty bare). Medford is the closest but we’ve charged at the Smith Haven Mall (usually it’s slow there) and down at the new Manorville station once.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We have charged at Manorvile and Smith Haven but mostly at Bay Shore Mall. Maybe I'll see you at Medford again!

Reactions: RichV5
21 - 27 of 27 Posts