Volkswagen ID Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
314 Posts
I guess it surprised me. Most of my previous cars has HomeLink included as a part of the trim level. ...
I'm sort of intrigued by the mirror with both HomeLink and I think it has a compass display. Some have said it is probably just the standard VW upgrade mirror, but when I looked at parts some weeks back, there were two or three different VW HomeLink mirrors. Upside is a fun, hopefully DIY possible installation.

The counter argument beyond cost, is that anytime you start pulling stuff apart in a new car, that can be a fast route to squeaks and rattles. Also what if I pay $300+ for the upgrade mirror, install it (most of the fun), and then realize I liked the original one better.

I'm refocused on the mud guards now. That is usually a more modest project (although on Honda Clarity you had to trim wheel well felt for some screws (no clue why) and remove the two back wheels!). I want to see how much road salt fan there is on the sides, and if they are needed. (They make a huge improvement on Clarity).

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
141 Posts
I'm sort of intrigued by the mirror with both HomeLink and I think it has a compass display. Some have said it is probably just the standard VW upgrade mirror, but when I looked at parts some weeks back, there were two or three different VW HomeLink mirrors. Upside is a fun, hopefully DIY possible installation.
A couple years back, I bought a CPO Volvo. It didn't have HomeLink, but I wanted it (in that car, it was built into the sun visor). The car came with the original dealer window sticker that showed that I had it at one time (dealer must have needed it for a different car, and swapped it out). Anyways, I asked my own dealer about it, and they said oh, no - can't do that because it needed a different wiring harness. Now keep in mind that the sun visor has a light next to the mirror - I can pretty much guarantee that it already had some electrical connection. But after this point, I didn't waste my time asking the dealer questions like this any more..

So I ordered one the sun visor online and swapped it myself. The only thing tricky was a plastic cover over the screws. The main thing I learned was that the hard part was figuring out how to get the old one out without gouging the plastic or breaking something (and how much force can you apply).

For this sort of thing, the mirror will probably look pretty similar to the original one, so I am not too worried about that..

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Wait - there's an upcharge for all of those things???
Yes, typically it is in the options section of your Window Sticker (aka Monroney Sticker) recently VW has pivoted away from the carpeted mats, or have just provided the driver & passenger in the vehicle, but not all seats.... and has been becoming more consistent of the omission. The "Monster Mats and trunk liner with cargo blocks" has always been included as an MDO and is not standard equipment. so yes on the upcharge and from my experience, my e-Golf mats do not fit in the TSI Golf or GTI because of the battery "hump" in the floor.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yes, typically it is in the options section of your Window Sticker (aka Monroney Sticker) recently VW has pivoted away from the carpeted mats, or have just provided the driver & passenger in the vehicle, but not all seats.... and has been becoming more consistent of the omission. The "Monster Mats and trunk liner with cargo blocks" has always been included as an MDO and is not standard equipment. so yes on the upcharge and from my experience, my e-Golf mats do not fit in the TSI Golf or GTI because of the battery "hump" in the floor.
Here is an example I pulled from a Atlas Cross Sport Monroney (ID.4 will not have some of these options, but just for an idea... and the VW Prepaid Scheduled Maintenance is $50 for 30k ... lol )

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I saw this in another thread too… so this is legit? I Ordered my Pro S RWD in mid January, so I’m looking at May optimistically, likely June. Hopefully the “estimated” is being conservative and we’ll start getting them earlier.
Have you received your follow up confirmation and configuration email from VW? if not... I can only assume you should be getting it soon. I would think your estimate is a good estimate depending on the state you live. March deliveries look like they will be current "ZEV" states (NY,NJ,MD,CT,CA,WA,CO,OR,RI,VT,MA) will be first then cascade the rest. I am in Arizona, and assuming California to be a large distro state... and the fact that our Port of Entry is in California, I am predicting my ID.4 FE to be here in April.

·
141 Posts
ZEV? Really? For 1st, or for pro?

Is it too late to change my dealer from
Delaware to Maryland? Equidistant for me, but if DE gets stiffed on getting 1st, I might want to change

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
West Coast port of entry for German-built VW's would be Houston.

·
141 Posts
I wouldn't, just be patient. You are surrounded by ZEV states and will just be shortly after MD.
Surrounded does me no good, and "shortly" is meaningless.

Went through this same crap with Kona.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Surrounded does me no good, and "shortly" is meaningless.

Went through this same crap with Kona.
Ok, then, call your representatives in Congress... I think they control or vote on the subject every year! VW is excited to get these cars to our clients!!

·
32 Posts
Have you received your follow up confirmation and configuration email from VW? if not... I can only assume you should be getting it soon. I would think your estimate is a good estimate depending on the state you live. March deliveries look like they will be current "ZEV" states (NY,NJ,MD,CT,CA,WA,CO,OR,RI,VT,MA) will be first then cascade the rest. I am in Arizona, and assuming California to be a large distro state... and the fact that our Port of Entry is in California, I am predicting my ID.4 FE to be here in April.
I haven’t received my email to lock my reservation yet, so I’ve only put the $100 down. Based on the reports here I’m expecting the next step in a week or so. I’m in NC, so no ZEV states anywhere close to me. :)

My dealer doesn’t seem to know much either. They‘re friendly, but small, and don’t have a dedicated internet salesperson. I’d transfer to the larger dealer in town, but I had a bad experience with them when buying my Sportwagen, so I went with these guys instead. I probably am at the lower end of the RWD list, but if VW starts ramping up production on the U.S. Models I’d expect them to catch up quickly. Aren’t there only like 5,000-7000 total reservations in the U.S, or am I way off base?

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I haven’t received my email to lock my reservation yet, so I’ve only put the $100 down. Based on the reports here I’m expecting the next step in a week or so. I’m in NC, so no ZEV states anywhere close to me. :)

My dealer doesn’t seem to know much either. They‘re friendly, but small, and don’t have a dedicated internet salesperson. I’d transfer to the larger dealer in town, but I had a bad experience with them when buying my Sportwagen, so I went with these guys instead. I probably am at the lower end of the RWD list, but if VW starts ramping up production on the U.S. Models I’d expect them to catch up quickly. Aren’t there only like 5,000-7000 total reservations in the U.S, or am I way off base?
Back in January when they opened up the First Edition ordering for the 2nd round, I asked the question of how that impacts the deliveries and I was informed that the 1st Ed will still be the 1st deliveries, and the newer updated orders will just be later in line... I think the number increased to over 8,000 orders by end of January. (We have over 50 here at my location, 18 FE!!!)

I know some stores are not as equipped as ours... if you have a store that is in close proximity to an Audi dealership, that would be a good idea to stop into that store... our Audi stores here at our Penske Automall complex, have been invaluable to me based on their similar roll out of the 2019 eTron. Keep me in the loop with pics when you get yours!!

·
520 Posts
Over the past year, we have been receiving from Benicia, CA. (Northern CA near San Fran I believe)
POE's for your Arteon's was San Diego. Their small numbers probably meant they landed in Veracruz and rode with vehicles from Puebla.

Reactions: JVespaziani

·
32 Posts
Back in January when they opened up the First Edition ordering for the 2nd round, I asked the question of how that impacts the deliveries and I was informed that the 1st Ed will still be the 1st deliveries, and the newer updated orders will just be later in line... I think the number increased to over 8,000 orders by end of January. (We have over 50 here at my location, 18 FE!!!)

I know some stores are not as equipped as ours... if you have a store that is in close proximity to an Audi dealership, that would be a good idea to stop into that store... our Audi stores here at our Penske Automall complex, have been invaluable to me based on their similar roll out of the 2019 eTron. Keep me in the loop with pics when you get yours!!
There's an Audi dealer right down the street from the VW dealership. I may check in with them. Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate your participation on this board, it's very helpful.

I haven't asked how many reservations my dealer has, but I don't think it's many. EVs haven't been adopted as quickly here as they have other places. I'd be surprised if there are more than 5 or so, probably only a few more than that at the other dealer(s) in town.

8,000 still isn't bad, considering the Cybertruck has over 650,000 pre orders at this point. I think I'll set my expectations to June, and if it comes earlier I'll be very, very happy!

·
141 Posts
Ok, then, call your representatives in Congress... I think they control or vote on the subject every year! VW is excited to get these cars to our clients!!
Don't BS me - that just ticks me off. Congress has absolutely nothing to do with it. Individual states control whether they want to be ZEV or not, but in this case it is VW that is screwing over non-ZEV dealers and customers, and from where I sit, it doesn't sound like they are all that excited as you make it sound like.

I am equidistant from the DE and MD dealer. It was almost a coin flip which one I picked. Had VW stated at the time that there would be a ZEV preference for delivery, I would have picked that dealer, but DE is a slightly easier drive. My point is that if there are extended delays for non-ZEV states, I will call in the morning to try and switch dealers - I was really just wondering if it is already too late to do that.

·
520 Posts
The whole ZEV first thing was part of the initial plans for Dec/Jan delivery. Unless there is something new, it may not even apply now.
I think it's now a measure of settling invoices as quickly as possible. Mr. Keogh has financial objectives to make.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts