Volkswagen ID Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Don't BS me - that just ticks me off. Congress has absolutely nothing to do with it. Individual states control whether they want to be ZEV or not, but in this case it is VW that is screwing over non-ZEV dealers and customers, and from where I sit, it doesn't sound like they are all that excited as you make it sound like.

I am equidistant from the DE and MD dealer. It was almost a coin flip which one I picked. Had VW stated at the time that there would be a ZEV preference for delivery, I would have picked that dealer, but DE is a slightly easier drive. My point is that if there are extended delays for non-ZEV states, I will call in the morning to try and switch dealers - I was really just wondering if it is already too late to do that.
I would think that buying the vehicle Tax Free in Delaware would be a bigger incentive for you, than paying taxes in MD. and I am not here to BS. but maybe a different thread might have better information for you than the one I attempted to create for my clients and enthusiast in the Phoenix Metro area.

·
314 Posts
JV (Is JV okay?), How do the dealerships get ID.4 information? Is it by the monthly dealer bulletins? Are they training your techs now for ID.4? How is the dealership outfitted for chargers? Are they all L2, or do you think VW dealers might get faster DCFC L3 chargers? Thanks!

·
212 Posts
My central Houston VW dealership just sent out an e mail saying they now had two Level 2 charging stations in prep for the ID.4. One outside for general use and one in the shop. From experience, that is way under resourced.

·
161 Posts
The local Audi delearship is now up to 8 charging positions outside, 4 at the workshop. The VW dealership in the same chain is at ... one. Considering they are supposed to take delivery of demo units by the end of the month, they are really playing with fire there.

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
131 Posts
My central Houston VW dealership just sent out an e mail saying they now had two Level 2 charging stations in prep for the ID.4. One outside for general use and one in the shop. From experience, that is way under resourced.
Perhaps, but it is way better than nothing.

Installing dcfc (even if only 24kw) would probably be way more expensive.

·
314 Posts
Perhaps, but it is way better than nothing.

Installing dcfc (even if only 24kw) would probably be way more expensive.
Chevy required dealers selling Bolt to install the 24 kWish Bosh units. Most put them outside, some block them with ICE (intentionally), a few put them in their service area and offer a free service visit to Bolts for DCFC (so no L3 outside of service working hours). It didn't work all that well. I suspect with EA being a VW operation, L3 at dealerships is less likely this early, but let's see what JV says.

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
My new dealer has two Level 3 and two Level 2 customer-accessible chargers. They are a joint Nissan dealership. My old dealer has two Level 2 chargers.

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
JV (Is JV okay?), How do the dealerships get ID.4 information? Is it by the monthly dealer bulletins? Are they training your techs now for ID.4? How is the dealership outfitted for chargers? Are they all L2, or do you think VW dealers might get faster DCFC L3 chargers? Thanks!
We will have TWO level 2 chargers (Bosch Power Max2) we have multiple chargers throughout our campus and including our Corporate Service Dept has Two Level 3 Rapid cahrgers. So we are well equipped. The option is based on the store and how they chose to equip their own individual store. Being a Corporate store and in a affluent area, we have more resources than most other stores.

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
131 Posts
We will have TWO level 2 chargers (Bosch Power Max2) we have multiple chargers throughout our campus and including our Corporate Service Dept has Two Level 3 Rapid cahrgers. So we are well equipped. The option is based on the store and how they chose to equip their own individual store. Being a Corporate store and in a affluent area, we have more resources than most other stores.
Nice.

I guess the next question is if these are in a location where they are accessible when the dealership is closed.

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
You have been pretty quiet. Do you have some insight that you can't share with us? I have the suspicion (hope) that VW is getting its ducks in a row for a big release of vehicles. Can you add anything based on your vantage point?
Yeah, I have been taking some personal time, as I just bought a house!! I have the similar info that was posted last week. I have been attempting to contact my "inactive" reservations hoping they don't fall off the reservation platform! I should have some updates early next week! thanks for following!

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Nice.

I guess the next question is if these are in a location where they are accessible when the dealership is closed.
They will not. Our Campus is locked up tight after hours and will not have accessibility to the chargers unless you have made arrangements with us ahead of time.

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
82 Posts
Yeah, I have been taking some personal time, as I just bought a house!! I have the similar info that was posted last week. I have been attempting to contact my "inactive" reservations hoping they don't fall off the reservation platform! I should have some updates early next week! thanks for following!
Congrats!

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Congrats!
thanks.!!! need to order my Bosch Power Max for my garage now. The eGolf does fine on the 110V. but will need to kick it up a bit with the ID.4. the popularity of the electric vehicles on our campus is getting so that the ChargePoints we have in our employee parking is full everyday!

·
32 Posts
Hi JV! I have a quick question. My company is part of the VW Partner program, where we can get $500 below invoice pricing. Do you know if this applies to the ID.4? What are your thoughts on the program in general?

Thanks for your participation on this board. It’s really helpful!

·
314 Posts
Congrats on the new home! It is great to see a dealership so interested in EVs. Nice ID.4 display!

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Hi JV! I have a quick question. My company is part of the VW Partner program, where we can get $500 below invoice pricing. Do you know if this applies to the ID.4? What are your thoughts on the program in general?

Thanks for your participation on this board. It’s really helpful!
ooooooh!!! Good Question!! I would be surprised if it was apart of the VW Partner Program... just basing this on my experience, but the Golf R was never apart of any incentive programs over the last few years, (No Employee buying incentive, no VW Partner Program, and no Zero Percent financing type offers) I will have to get back to you on that, but my honest assumption would be no... as I have mentioned in a few posts, I have an ID.4 FE on order and I do not have the Employee discount to look forward to this time around, although I am taking advantage of the lease incentive to build in the Fed Tax credit and hopefully be in line to get the next Gen ID vehicle we have to offer in 3 or 4 yrs. stay tuned... I have even been campaigning for eGolf owners to get a "Owner Loyalty" incentive ... again, I have an eGolf so selfishly looking into savings!! :)

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Congrats on the new home! It is great to see a dealership so interested in EVs. Nice ID.4 display!
thank you, I just wish I could assist and deliver all of your ID.4 here at my location... but if you want to have a weekend getaway to Scottsdale hit me up, I'll Airbnb a room and deliver your car to you... March is amazing, April is better!! Not too mention our roads are awesome for car enthusiasts!!

81 - 100 of 118 Posts