Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
84 Posts
Since we are on Arizona, is EA building adding more stations? I plan on visiting my daughter in Tempe, and the EA map doesn't look built up yet. Really looking for that Quartzsite location to open.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Since we are on Arizona, is EA building adding more stations? I plan on visiting my daughter in Tempe, and the EA map doesn't look built up yet. Really looking for that Quartzsite location to open.
the plan is definitely to build more in this market... I do know there are plans set in motion for a large "Bank" charging station for Casa Grande. (24 bay rapid chargers) I have not heard of the Quartzsite. There is a neat settings option on Google Maps that you can find on the app to only search for the specific charging stations to fit the ID.4 (J1772 and the CCS (Combo 1) rapid) through the app, similar to EA, you can see if a charger is available before you arrive.

I use it now for my eGolf to find ChargePoint stations in and around DTPHX when I visit.

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
Looks like I just got my updated list and all will come in from Houston!! Can you send someone to Houston with a hair-dryer... hopefully Houston will thaw out before March!!!
Seriously. I wonder how many have been sitting at Houston since the Goodwood offloaded on 1/31. SIEM Cicero is due in 10A CST tomorrow.

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
141 Posts
Seriously. I wonder how many have been sitting at Houston since the Goodwood offloaded on 1/31. SIEM Cicero is due in 10A CST tomorrow.
Are the software updates being done by dealers, or does that happen before somewhere??

·
214 Posts
JV--OT, but you are on this thread. Many of us are also considering the Audi Q4 e-Tron, but one of the factors to consider are the ongoing maintenance costs because of the perception that Audi Service/Parts are more costly just because it's Audi. Shop rate could be an indicator of this. Is there a difference in the shop rate for your VW dealership v. your sister Audi dealership?

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
JV--OT, but you are on this thread. Many of us are also considering the Audi Q4 e-Tron, but one of the factors to consider are the ongoing maintenance costs because of the perception that Audi Service/Parts are more costly just because it's Audi. Shop rate could be an indicator of this. Is there a difference in the shop rate for your VW dealership v. your sister Audi dealership?
VW is $145 for diagnostic , our 4yr warranty 50k is including 2 scheduled maintenance (the 3rd 30k is only $50)
Audi is approx $170 for diag, same comprehensive warranty, but only 1 yr scheduled maintenance... not sure what the 2nd /3rd cost.

·
214 Posts
Thanks, JV. But what about the simple shop rate for a repair, irrespective of warranty or included service--say a 5 YO VW, v. a 5 YO Audi?

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Thanks, JV. But what about the simple shop rate for a repair, irrespective of warranty or included service--say a 5 YO VW, v. a 5 YO Audi?
I think Audi is around $170 per hour, but jumping into the EV lifestyle, you may not hold on to the car as long. My goal is to have you lease and get you back in 3yrs for the next newest and greatest!!

·
214 Posts
OK, so $145/hr for VW v. $170/ hr for Audi. Interesting data point. I agree with your strategy. Bad idea to hold on to an EV for more than 3 yrs--things changing too rapidly, so out of warranty costs become a non-issue. Just residual value for those rapidly changing EV's.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I have 2 vehicles that are currently being sent to different POC... Baltimore, and Rhode Island? must be a big back up in Houston.

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
I have 2 vehicles that are currently being sent to different POC... Baltimore, and Rhode Island? must be a big back up in Houston.
Interesting. The Cicero has been having a difficult time making it to POH the last two days. Must be very limited capacity at Houston for the receiving work. There hasn't been much coming from Germany for several years.

·
362 Posts
If you look at the Marine Traffic web site, there is a huge back up in Houston caused by the weather and power outages.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Interesting. The Cicero has been having a difficult time making it to POH the last two days. Must be very limited capacity at Houston for the receiving work. There hasn't been much coming from Germany for several years.
Looks like it was just my Demo on that boat. and my "In Production" vehicles went from 6 to now 9 today, are pushed to 3/30 (the original 6 said 3/5 yesterday)

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

Common question that comes up about the chargers... I have a fun tip if you use Google Maps > Settings> Electric Vehicles Settings > You can select your plugs by choosing the above Chargers... now when you search for "EV chargers near you" it will be selective of your choice and not Tesla!

·
43 Posts
I have a fun tip if you use Google Maps > Settings> Electric Vehicles Settings > You can select your plugs by choosing the above Chargers... now when you search for "EV chargers near you" it will be selective of your choice and not Tesla!
I’m not seeing “Electric Vehicle Settings” in my Google Maps settings on my iPhone.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts