Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car should be at the dealer's the week after next. I reached out to him to get a sense of what a lease might cost. He is coming in at over $500 a month with upfront costs covered at over $3500.00. He claims that the $7500 tax credit is being applied to reduce the MSRP. On top of that, there's no sales tax in my state.

First the dealer supplied the lease cost without any of the details and fees. I asked for the details and he supplied them. I ran his numbers through several lease calculators and determined that the monthly payment was $100 less per month or right at the $400 dollar mark.

I called VW and the rep tells me that you will be able to determine the lease price on the portal without having to negotiate with the dealer. I hope that is true.

I believe VW has made a big error if they take reservations of over $500 from early adopters who have waited for the car only to be subjected to dealer shenanigans at the end of the buying process. If the car comes in at this price, I will bail and go with a Tesla. I can buy a Tesla and not lease it at that price point.

VW needs to understand that their charging network is not as strong as Tesla's and their dealer's don't really have any experience servicing electric cars. I can tell from talking to the sales manager that this is all new to him. He thinks this is business as usual. We are early adopters who are paying to be their beta testers. Since they are emulating Tesla's buying process, I hope they will come through with a fair pricing structure. The car looks very good, but the buying experience and value needs to be totally competitive for me to take this risk.

This is a new product being cycled through an old retail business model. I hope VW will make the experience fair, because I'm not going to overpay for this car even though it is cool. There are other options available at the click of a mouse.

·
534 Posts
Yes I can see the lease price on the VW portal when I hit edit my configuration: my ID4 Pro S AWD is $48,175. $519 a month. 36-month lease, $3,496 due at signing. It did apply the $7500 credit, but not our CO state credit. Edit: I just realized you probably cannot edit your configuration any longer, so may not get to the lease price page.

More details: Monthly lease payment based on MSRP of $48,175 and destination charges less a $7,500 Lease Incentive and suggested dealer contribution resulting in a capitalized cost of $39,591.60. Excludes tax, title, license, options, and dealer fees. Amount due at signing includes first month’s payment, customer down payment of $2,278.40, and acquisition fee of $699. It doesn't mention where the $1195 destination fee is paid.

Yours as a FE should be slightly less. Did the dealer give you the MF he is using? Thats a key number that the portal won't show.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I can see the lease price on the VW portal when I hit edit my configuration: my ID4 Pro S AWD is $48,175. $519 a month. 36-month lease, $3,496 due at signing. It did apply the $7500 credit, but not our CO state credit.
That price is for the AWD version. My price is for the RWD version and it's the same.

·
534 Posts
That price is for the AWD version. My price is for the RWD version and it's the same.
Yes I know that, simply posting my numbers to compare. If you post your numbers, we may be able to tell where your high lease offer came from. Probably the MF, and that number depends on credit rating so is not really dealer shenanigans unless they raise that to high when you are top credit rating. Note the suggested dealer contribution, your dealer could have left that off. I computed it from my above numbers at $2278, which is almost the diff in price between my AWD and your RWD if its a FE.

Edit: this made me realize due to the portal design, the rest of us who may consider leasing should write down their numbers on the Edit configuration page, since it appears after you lock you may not be able to see them again. Unless after lock it shows them somewhere else.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
I called VW and the rep tells me that you will be able to determine the lease price on the portal without having to negotiate with the dealer. I hope that is true.
If that is true, it would make me feel much more comfortable. My distrust with dealers is never the salespeople, but their F&I departments - it would be nice to circumvent them.

Edit: this made me realize due to the portal design, the rest of us who may consider leasing should write down their numbers on the Edit configuration page, since it appears after you lock you may not be able to see them again. Unless after lock it shows them somewhere else.
Thanks, I just went back to the configuration page and took a screen shot of the lease terms.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the numbers that the dealer gave me:

36 months
10k miles per year
2500 Cash down + 500 deposit credit (3000 total)
520.13 per month

39 months
10k miles per year
2500 Cash down + 500 deposit credit (3000 total)
509.67 per month

MSRP 45,190
7,500 VCI lease zero emissions bonus

VW credit acquisition fee $699
Documentation $493
Dmv $376

Money factor : .000183
47% residual for 39 months
49% residual on 36 months

·
534 Posts
Looks like they left off the "suggested dealer contribution". I computed it from my above numbers at $2278, and it would lower your CC capitalized cost which is a real important number that they strangely never gave you. Are you able to go into your portal and see what it offers you?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Sun Wizard. I don't think I can see the lease numbers from the Portal. I'll give it a try.

-Dave

·
534 Posts
Also your MF at .00183 (=4.4% APR) is a little higher than the VW top credit rate of .00143 (=3.43%) that I think is used on the portal. You may want to check your credit rating or ask the dealer about that too. We now start to see the games the finance guys use, and I hate it since they usually involve hiding something or making the terms so complex nobody can understand or compare offers.

·
534 Posts
Here is a screenshot of the lease deal on a FE which must be what you have coming:
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 5.31.00 PM.jpg

·
534 Posts
From that I compute the suggested dealer contribution at 43995+1195-7500-35210=$2480 which is a little higher than on my higher priced model above. This may help other FE buyers who are about to finance or lease and the portal maybe has a strange feature that you can't get to this info once locked?

·
534 Posts
Found this slightly different offer on another more recent thread here:
VW ID4 1st Edition Lease: $449
Closed end lease financing available for a new, unused 2021 ID.4 1st EDITION with automatic transmission, on approved credit to highly qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Monthly lease payment based on MSRP of $43,995 and destination charges less a $7,500 Lease Incentive and suggested dealer contribution resulting in a capitalized cost of $35,347.60. Excludes tax, title, license, options, and dealer fees. Amount due at signing includes first month’s payment, customer down payment of $2,342.40, and acquisition fee of $699. Monthly payments total $16,164.12.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found this slightly different offer on another more recent thread here:
VW ID4 1st Edition Lease: $449
Closed end lease financing available for a new, unused 2021 ID.4 1st EDITION with automatic transmission, on approved credit to highly qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Monthly lease payment based on MSRP of $43,995 and destination charges less a $7,500 Lease Incentive and suggested dealer contribution resulting in a capitalized cost of $35,347.60. Excludes tax, title, license, options, and dealer fees. Amount due at signing includes first month’s payment, customer down payment of $2,342.40, and acquisition fee of $699. Monthly payments total $16,164.12.
Thank you Sun Wizard. You are a Leasing Wizard.

·
40 Posts
Use Leasehackr calculator or Leasematic app. They’re pretty accurate. You can see if they’re inflating the MF or adding bs fees.

·
534 Posts

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
107 Posts
Using the MF and residual mentioned in the lease thread and the due at signing in the fine print, the calculator points to 379.

Assuming best credit and the finance department doesn't play any tricks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts