• Stu Ncal EV - #12

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Vehicle Plant community Tire Car

Congrats again to @edid4, October's winner.
High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Unless otherwise stated, you may submit up to 5 photos.
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes.
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more).
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status.
  • A place in the VWIDTalk.com winner's gallery.
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts.
Good luck to all who enter!
~MR

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
btw: "Binnacle" is what we've collectively decided to call the small display affixed to the steering column.
Where is the odometer, exactly?
When you first sit down look at the binnacle before you step on the brake pedal.
Finding tenths of miles, is left as an exercise for the ID4 owner 😉.

·
27 Posts
Where is the odometer, exactly?
Where is the odometer?: Go to the Infotainment Screen / Vehicle / Status. "Total Distance" is the odometer. "Distance" is the trip odometer. The trip odometer can be reset by touching the 0.0 when the trip odometer "Distance" is toggled. Alternately, go to Vehicle / Interior / Cockpit. (Cockpit is how VW inexplicably refers to the binnacle) There you can reset "Long Distance" "Since Start" and "Trip Odometer" to zero.
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car Auto part Gas

I reset Long Distance to get a better idea of my current miles/kWh hour after learning how to drive the car in a more range extending manner. The first trip we did everything wrong range-wise.

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
398 Posts
Nothing like having an open detached garage, or very old building with no door, when the weather gets cold. My ID.4 battery temp the past two mornings was sitting at 46F. The low temp the past two nights was 31-32F. The ID.4 was plugged in and the BMS was doing it's job obviously.

I know there lot of members here that will say 31-32F is NOT COLD, but it is to us here in central Alabama.

·
Premium Member
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
432 Posts
With the number of posts for this contest it's going to be a challenge to select a winner... :LOL:

This is my car, our condo strata has approved the deployment of a managed L2 infrastructure which is underway. The junction/splitter electrical box on the ceiling is part of this, still missing everything else... It's like watching paint dry...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

And it will look like this once completed.

Font Asphalt Line Wall Rectangle

Odometer is where it should be on the binnacle. We're at over 20k KM for 10 months of ownership.

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Gadget

Most of our mileage is from the daily school run shown below, 20KM each way twice a day for total of 80KM a day. We've also took trips to Kelowna (400KM each way) and to Vancouver Island over the summer and took advantage of the free EC charging both times. There's nothing like a free trip!

Ecoregion Map Land lot World Font

We average 500KM per week, 40% city and 60% highway. Most of our charging is L1 at this time as we have a 110v plug right next to our parking stall. This is complimented as needed by quick stops at the BC Hydro 50kWh location on my way home from school drop off.

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S red res. 7/31/22 locked 9/20/22 delivered 10/22/22
185 Posts
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

First overnight trip in our 2023 was to a winery that had a few chargers by the tasting room. One wine flight and another 60 miles added ! Also our first use of our new Tesla tap. The J-1772 was blocked so without the Tesla tap we wouldn’t have been able to charge since most chargers were Tesla destination chargers!
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Window

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Car will get its first bath this week now that the ceramic coating has had enough curing time. Will use the 2 bucket method.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
398 Posts
This morning is the coldest yet this winter at 25F. I will be leaving at 4:45am so definitely will turn on the cabin heat before I unplug. Such is the life of my ID.4 in a mostly open garage.

·
1 Posts
Just charged my id3 ,and only 147 miles at 100%. Yes ppl say it's the weather but surely once the engine and battery warm ,the mileage should increase. Is there any way of keeping the battery warm in winter .it does get colder in winter here in the UK. I've no garage.

·
2022 Volkswagen ID4 Pro-s
913 Posts
Not sure I qualify for this thread but there’s not much on my odometer yet since my car is brand new. Either way I am really enjoying it!

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle

·
201 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

At 2 months old, she’s done a road trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas 4 people and full of luggage. I already replaced a windshield at 7 weeks old, First of 2 ID4’s at work, First of 2 ID4’s on my street. Converted a few EV naysayers, given plenty of test drives and rides. Educated some at new EV owners and EV renters at DC fast chargers. Saved $950 in diesel so far by not driving the Touareg TDI. Long term avg: 3.2mi/kWh, record on 35 mile commute one way 4.6mi/kWh, no climate control about an inch down on all 4 windows at 65 mph in 70 degree weather in B mode. I can count on 3.2mi/kWh every day. No regrets buying my ID4, glad I didn’t cancel my 22 for a 23 as it was one of the last few 22’s out of Germany. Ordered 4-15-22, took delivery 9-15-22, build date 7-12-22, locked 7-13-22. Being on the forum here allowed me to make an informed decision, issues I’d might expect, charging challenges living in an urban environment and some road-tripping.advice. 5000 miles, a lot of fun so far, more adventures to come..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts