Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
White Pro S
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten myself an ODB Eleven module, since apparently they've partnered with VW to allow unlocking modules, which is super cool. Figured we could use a post to talk about potential modifications and the like.

I'm not familiar with their system at all, and thus far haven't actually figured anything out. My main focus thus far has been changing the output volume of the external speakers and changing the DSP curve to something that doesn't boost the rear treble. Swing and a miss on both. Anyone else got one of these?

·
ID.4 FE GW
589 Posts
I've gotten myself an ODB Eleven module, since apparently they've partnered with VW to allow unlocking modules, which is super cool. Figured we could use a post to talk about potential modifications and the like.

I'm not familiar with their system at all, and thus far haven't actually figured anything out. My main focus thus far has been changing the output volume of the external speakers and changing the DSP curve to something that doesn't boost the rear treble. Swing and a miss on both. Anyone else got one of these?
What subscription did you get? You might need the Pro to change those codings.

Did you get to the screen with EQ settings that @idfurkan showed in his post?

·
White Pro S
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did in fact get the pro.

as far as i can tell the adaptation @ID.Furkan showed is for startup sound. I did try changing it to fender and saw no difference after restarting the infotainment. it's possible there's an option that works, though.

·
827 Posts

Its a great tool and you can use it to make some pretty cool mods. Just be carefull, make a backup of the module data before making a change, and note (screenshot) your changes so you can always revert back. Personally i'd say don't mess with things that even remotely sniff like safety (brakes) or drive train. It might turn your car into a pretty heavy paperweight if messed with to much.

another important advice: there is a setting in there to reset a module. NEVER EVER do that. As it will wipe the module empty from all VW made settings. Normally with the VW OTIS tool, it then has the option to grab the defaults from the online database and push those back in. that is something you can't with OBD11, as you don't have access to the database. (hence make a backup before touching any module)
I've seen to many posts from people doing mods, getting unexpected results, and thinking that the reset button will help them revert everything back to how it was....
Only to learn they are now in a much deeper mess.

·
373 Posts
That’s really good to know. I’ve already backed up everything but the screenshot idea is a good one.
I have VCDS not OBDeleven, but have been using it for a while on my gas powered VW and not only do I backup first I also write down the codes I change and the original values. Let us know if you find anything cool!

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021) and ID.4 Pro/S (acquired 8/20/21)
312 Posts
OBDEleven has several one-click apps now available for the ID4. Also was able to get Easy Entry seats enabled for both the driver and passenger seats (USA).

·
373 Posts
OBDEleven has several one-click apps now available for the ID4. Also was able to get Easy Entry seats enabled for both the driver and passenger seats (USA).
Do you have a list of the one click apps for ID.4 (and how many credits they cost)?

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021) and ID.4 Pro/S (acquired 8/20/21)
312 Posts
The available one-click apps are listed here: https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles
Just chose the ID.4. Most of the one-clicks are 10 credits. The video while driving (for passenger) is 100. The credits are listed in the app while connected to the vehicle. I can get you a specific one, but I’d have to be connected to the vehicle to get it for you. I have long coded Easy Entry seats for free. Hope this helps.

·
373 Posts
The available one-click apps are listed here: https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles
Just chose the ID.4. Most of the one-clicks are 10 credits. The video while driving (for passenger) is 100. The credits are listed in the app while connected to the vehicle. I can get you a specific one, but I’d have to be connected to the vehicle to get it for you. I have long coded Easy Entry seats for free. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot!

·
Expecting Red AWD
27 Posts

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
154 Posts
Can this be purchased from the US?

If I just buy the device for 59.99 euro, what would I need in order to use one-click apps available for the ID.4 to change the pre-programmed settings? Would I need to buy additional credits? Where do I find out how many credits each app costs?
Can buy from Amazon:

·
966 Posts
Note there are many bad reviews on buying it from amazon saying they didn't get the 400 credits or a year pro subscription as advertised (you need for the apps.) You get those for apps + coding if you order from their website (but I am not sure how long shipping might be, site says 7-30 working days in the United States and Canada. Due to the COVID-19 situation, some orders may be delayed and delivery could extend up to 4 weeks. ):

Edit: On an Audi forum, I found this good info: The OBDEleven basic and OBDEleven Pro are actually the exact same device. The only thing you're paying for is for them to send you a printed code on a piece of paper, which they may or may not remember to include. You're better off buying the basic and if you need to do edits, you can then purchase the PRO version within the APP through the Google Play store. It is the exact same thing.

Reactions: Huey52

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,543 Posts
That's what I did, from Amazon USA, as unsure of my use. Can always add Pro later.

Edit: On an Audi forum, I found this good info: The OBDEleven basic and OBDEleven Pro are actually the exact same device. The only thing you're paying for is for them to send you a printed code on a piece of paper, which they may or may not remember to include. You're better off buying the basic and if you need to do edits, you can then purchase the PRO version within the APP through the Google Play store. It is the exact same thing.

·
827 Posts
You won’t get a printed code anymore. If you buy it from their website, you create an account. If you then log in to the app with the same account, the pro subscription and credits get automatically added The moment you connect to the OBD11 device. Worked like a charm for me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts