Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (4/20/2021) & Pro/S (8/20/21)
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our esteemed VW Technician and others have mentioned OBDEleven in various posts throughout the forum. I got around to purchasing the OBDEleven NexxtGen Por Pack and love the data it gives. I’d be interested if anyone else out there has it and what information they’ve found (where, etc - there’s a ton of information in there) and what other cool things they have discovered. Thought we could have a thread on that (if there were enough participants).

·
First Edition Glacier White
50 Posts
I thought my ID4 had an underpowered AC system. Using OBD11 I was able to change it to colder and to blow harder. Now I am very happy with the AC system. Also was able to add convenience seat moving so the seats move back when u get in the car. A nice feature

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I thought my ID4 had an underpowered AC system. Using OBD11 I was able to change it to colder and to blow harder. Now I am very happy with the AC system. Also was able to add convenience seat moving so the seats move back when u get in the car. A nice feature
I have enabled EasyEntry for both the passenger and driver seat. Not sure how to test, but it's there and activated. As for the A/C blower, mine was on low (as stated in JimmyVW's post above) and I just changed that.

·
1,144 Posts
I have enabled EasyEntry for both the passenger and driver seat. Not sure how to test, but it's there and activated. As for the A/C blower, mine was on low (as stated in JimmyVW's post above) and I just changed that.
Yeah mine was on medium, and it kept deep-freezing my knees. Now that it is on low, I’m a much happier camper :) (saves a bit of energy too)

·
First Edition Glacier White
50 Posts
Oh yes. Well aware of the 3 settings for auto. Although not sure why there are three. Auto should do everything. I don’t want to keep changing from the 3 options. Even on auto hi I felt it wasn’t cold enough and fan didn’t blow hard enough for Phoenix. Since my OBD11 change I am very happy with the AC

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Easy Entry for both the Driver and Passenger seats have been enabled and are working well..... I just had to figure out that both settings in OBDEleven were under the Driver Seat. I first tried configuring Easy Entry for the passenger seat through the passenger seat control unit.....but using the "controlled by driver seat" option in the Driver Seat control unit did the trick. They are both configurable from the infotainment now.

·
1,144 Posts
Oh yes. Well aware of the 3 settings for auto. Although not sure why there are three. Auto should do everything. I don’t want to keep changing from the 3 options. Even on auto hi I felt it wasn’t cold enough and fan didn’t blow hard enough for Phoenix. Since my OBD11 change I am very happy with the AC
hah, totally agreeing with the weird 3 auto settings. I guess it’s to allow some personal preference to the minimum setting. Typical German (over) enginering :D

·
626 Posts
Our esteemed VW Technician and others have mentioned OBDEleven in various posts throughout the forum. I got around to purchasing the OBDEleven NexxtGen Por Pack and love the data it gives. I’d be interested if anyone else out there has it and what information they’ve found (where, etc - there’s a ton of information in there) and what other cool things they have discovered. Thought we could have a thread on that (if there were enough participants).
OBDEleven has to many negative reviews for me to even consider it!

·
2021 ID.4 RWD Pro S w/Gradient, 2022 Mini Cooper SE, former: 2015 Tesla Model S 70D, 2013 Volt
114 Posts

·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ObdEleven finally has some one-click apps for the ID4 (along with coding). 😁

·
2,157 Posts
Following...and be careful what you playing with....coding is not for someone who is not experienced user and pretty familiar with this powerful app....also it is now officially licensed and supports firewall protected modules.
Play safe and don't use something you are not familiar with.....

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,259 Posts
But you told us to get an OBDEleven (which will be in my Christmas stocking). ;)
Following...and be careful what you playing with....coding is not for someone who is not experienced user and pretty familiar with this powerful app....also it is now officially licensed and supports firewall protected modules.
Play safe and don't use something you are not familiar with.....

1 - 20 of 81 Posts