Volkswagen ID Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
3 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the great information here on ODB11. I received my device but have not upgraded to Pro version yet (probably will soon). I wanted to just start with the built in apps. I have a question on the one click app "Mirror Dip". I had thought that would make it so you could use the Mirror Dip in reverse without having to put the mirrors in the R position each time. That does not appear to be the case as I still have to do that. So I am not sure what I applied - as I already had this working before, just had to choose R first.
I see the information on setting this in the known mods thread but wanted to first check what this one click app does if anyone knows.

·
1,167 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the great information here on ODB11. I received my device but have not upgraded to Pro version yet (probably will soon). I wanted to just start with the built in apps. I have a question on the one click app "Mirror Dip". I had thought that would make it so you could use the Mirror Dip in reverse without having to put the mirrors in the R position each time. That does not appear to be the case as I still have to do that. So I am not sure what I applied - as I already had this working before, just had to choose R first.
I see the information on setting this in the known mods thread but wanted to first check what this one click app does if anyone knows.
as described in the notes of the app, it just enables the option in the cars’ menu. In some regions the mirror dip is physically possible on the car, but not unlocked for their trim version.

·
ID4 1st Edition Blue Dusk Metallic/Black/Silver
80 Posts
I've enabled mirror dip in my menu with OBDeleven, but it doesn't work on my UK model as I don't have the memory function in the car.

·
1,167 Posts
Yes, I have power folding mirrors.
Guessing you don't have the power seats then.
I have a hunch i can make those working, but need some more time to fiddle with it. the memory function of those mirrors is disabled in each door module, and i need to see what happens when you enable that. I don't really believe it will use the seat memory for the mirrors, but i need to verify.

·
ID4 1st Edition Blue Dusk Metallic/Black/Silver
80 Posts
I have a hunch i can make those working, but need some more time to fiddle with it. the memory function of those mirrors is disabled in each door module, and i need to see what happens when you enable that. I don't really believe it will use the seat memory for the mirrors, but i need to verify.
Correct, no power seats. Thank you for your interest in my situation.

·
Premium Member
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
343 Posts
Well i got the easy entry to work,except the passenger side, have to do one change described by another in this thread, but dont have the time until the weekend. As a last test i tried activating the automatic_radio_key_memory_mode. Left the car locked and unlocked, entered the car adjusted the seat and stored my button, then my wife entered the car with her key, adjusted the seat and stored her button. I went back to the car unlocked and the seat drove back, i enteret and put my foot on the brake, then the seat drove forvard into my stored position. Got out and locked the car. I think the seat reversed as i got out. My wife unlocked. The seat drove back, she put her fod on the brake and the seat drove to her position.
I then was the happiest man on the street. I have been wanting that from the first day we got the car. This weekend i will turn on automatic cleaning of the cameras i hope.
Pardon my bad spelling but english is not my language.
I did the key memory change on the weekend and it’s pretty cool. We both drive the car everyday so this is one more thing making this vehicle awesome!

Thanks for figuring this one out.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,640 Posts
Yes, I recently one-click installed the door window dip-close upon entry-exit. It's a nice feature I had missed from prior VWAG vehicle in that it prevents interior volume 'air hammer.'
There is a lot of new one click applications on the eleven now. Easy entry and others there used to be only on long coding.

·
1 Posts
Correct, no power seats. Thank you for your interest in my situation.
I am very interested in this as I have exactly the same issue (as I guess all UK first edition owners do…) is there any update on whether this is feasible to enable without power seats? Also many thanks for your great work and contribution to this forum; it really is appreciated

·
1,167 Posts
I am very interested in this as I have exactly the same issue (as I guess all UK first edition owners do…) is there any update on whether this is feasible to enable without power seats? Also many thanks for your great work and contribution to this forum; it really is appreciated
I've tried it, but I couldn't get it to work without the seats.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts