Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Volkswagen ID Forum!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section. By doing this, our goal is to help establish a greater sense of community among ID owners and enthusiasts. Alternatively, you can create your own dedicated introduction thread as many have done already!

Joining us so far:

·
113 Posts
Hello all, new member here from NJ. I cannot wait for the ID.4, been checking the news every day for more info.

·
145 Posts
Hey @spaceid,
Are you by any chance looking at any other EV's or other 'green' vehicles at the moment? It seems like the Model Y is the closest thing to this VW.

·
113 Posts
Welcome to the forum @spaceid! What is it about the ID.4 that stands out for you compared to other EVs?
Hi @CJamie, I mainly look at Toyotas because of my experience with owning a Prius, but my fiancee owns a VW Jetta, so I figured I would look into VW as well. My coworker also has some experience with VWs and they sounded like a good option as Toyota does not have an EV and I wanted to keep an open mind.

I have looked into the EVs by Volvo (which may be too expensive), Nissan, and Kia, but I don't particularly care for Nissans or Kias. The Ariya looks nice though. I have had a Hyundai, but I don't like the look of the Niro. The ID.4 has a lot of tech (if it's like the ID.3) and looks nice, so I was sold that way pretty easily. The price also sounds like it may be affordable.

I used to really want a Tesla, but once the federal tax incentives expired on those, I lost interest.

·
113 Posts
Hey @spaceid,
Are you by any chance looking at any other EV's or other 'green' vehicles at the moment? It seems like the Model Y is the closest thing to this VW.
I have looked at a few. The expiration of the federal tax incentive on the Tesla turned me away from the Model Y. I also reserved a Fisker Ocean, but they don't come out until 2022.

·
145 Posts
I have looked at a few. The expiration of the federal tax incentive on the Tesla turned me away from the Model Y. I also reserved a Fisker Ocean, but they don't come out until 2022.
I'm a big Tesla fan and didn't see that as a issue, although its easy to understand why. What really put me off were the build quality issues. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

Have you test driven any EV's? Or plan to?

·
113 Posts
I'm a big Tesla fan and didn't see that as a issue, although its easy to understand why. What really put me off were the build quality issues. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

Have you test driven any EV's? Or plan to?
I read about those quality issues as well. I haven't taken out any EVs for a test drive yet, but I do plan to in a few months from now or when they become available.

Originally, I was going to buy a Prius Prime or Rav4 Prime, but I want something that is just electric. However, right now those two are still an option.

·
236 Posts
Hi @CJamie, I mainly look at Toyotas because of my experience with owning a Prius, but my fiancee owns a VW Jetta, so I figured I would look into VW as well. My coworker also has some experience with VWs and they sounded like a good option as Toyota does not have an EV and I wanted to keep an open mind.

I have looked into the EVs by Volvo (which may be too expensive), Nissan, and Kia, but I don't particularly care for Nissans or Kias. The Ariya looks nice though. I have had a Hyundai, but I don't like the look of the Niro. The ID.4 has a lot of tech (if it's like the ID.3) and looks nice, so I was sold that way pretty easily. The price also sounds like it may be affordable.

I used to really want a Tesla, but once the federal tax incentives expired on those, I lost interest.
As long as VW irons out the kinks with the ID.3/ID.4 software they should be great alternatives to Tesla. VW has so much riding on these cars being a success.

·
44 Posts
Welcome to the forum @mtourre! Is the ID4 your first choice for an EV?
It is for the coupe style. However, a lot of exciting models from various companies are also on my radar. Mostly depends on price and when it will be available. I’m really looking forward to the ID Buzz though. I hope the production version doesn’t disappoint as well as be affordable.

·
236 Posts
It is for the coupe style. However, a lot of exciting models from various companies are also on my radar. Mostly depends on price and when it will be available. I’m really looking forward to the ID Buzz though. I hope the production version doesn’t disappoint as well as be affordable.
I'm excited for the Buzz as well. It's about time VW tried to bring it back and what better way to do it than as an EV.

·
Administrator
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 21 Posts