Volkswagen ID Forum banner
221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
99 Posts
I was at my dealer today for My 20k service.

I asked about the software update and they said they had a non customer ID4 in the shop and they were doing their first software update on an "employee" vehicle, as a test.

They said they are working on lowering the amount of time to complete the update, the service rep said it could take a day or more to complete.

·
1,801 Posts
Is it still possible to do business with Carvana at this point? I see their website is still up, but they're going through some serious problems, like suspension in Michigan, stock drop of 90%
They just sent me an advertising email yesterday!

·
106 Posts
If I could get 50 cents for every rumor, I would be a rich man. But there was this:

Cerveza gratis mañana. I'll also wager we get bupkis before January. VWoA <still> sucks!

·
518 Posts
I was contacted by my dealer 4 weeks ago stating they were waiting for a few more parts from VW corp before doing the updates. They suspected a couple of weeks. I talked with them on Friday they said they had all the parts and are just waiting for VW corp to give the ok to start the updates. He was hoping, again, in the next few weeks.

·
ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
562 Posts
Corp was suppose to make an "announcement" "yesterday" (& didn't), so local dealers are going to hang tight moving forward til Corporate rolls this campaign out. But the flash files have been issued only recently & the techs need time to make sure everything works before they start making appointments with customers.

We're (as customers) really close...

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,392 Posts
Corp was suppose to make an "announcement" "yesterday" (& didn't), so local dealers are going to hang tight moving forward til Corporate rolls this campaign out. But the flash files have been issued only recently & the techs need time to make sure everything works before they start making appointments with customers.

We're (as customers) really close...
They may be waiting until a sufficient number of dealers are prepared (training complete, batteries on-hand, etc). Just guessing however..

·
98 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today - they said no info from VW and that when they get the info, it will be handled as a service campaign....but they have no further information.
I called Customer Care a few weeks ago since I never had received the email announcement of the upcoming update. She also said it would be handled as a Service Campaign. Once launched, it is supposed to show up in the myVW app on the service tab under the Recalls and Service Campaigns section. 🤞🏼[/QUOTE]

·
2021 Mythos Black Pro S RWD
64 Posts
Hopefully the patience I put in waiting for this update will fix this issue that I randomly saw today with MY21 tonight…along with other random electrical fault, that comes and goes.

-limited travel assist
-front assist is not available
-travel assist is currently not available
-electrical fault. Visit dealer (this one does not allow me to put car into drive until I lock car and reopen again which has happened several times)
-Malfunction in dynamic cornering lighting
-and many others…

If this update doesn’t addressed this issue, will definitely think about bringing up the lemon law to VW Corporate. If my car is not even super old yet and is having all these random sporadic errors, think about what happens once the warranty expires. Anyone else facing these issues or know if this update will fix these issues?

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

221 - 240 of 275 Posts