Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total lunacy by VW executives. Another price increase! Tesla is lowering prices and VW is raising for an inferior car! Received this from VW:

Second, there will be a $1,500 price increase to the MSRP2 for all 2023 ID.4 SUVs assembled on January 4th or later. The updated pricing will not be available on vw.com until January but it is listed below.
ID.4 Trim MSRP2
ID.4 Standard
$38,995​
ID.4 S
$43,995​
ID.4 Pro
$43,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro
$47,795​
ID.4 Pro S
$48,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro S
$52,795​
ID.4 Pro S Plus
$51,445​
ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus
$55,245​

ID.4 GTX & Golf 1 Cabriolet
1,209 Posts
Total lunacy by VW executives. Another price increase! Tesla is lowering prices and VW is raising for an inferior car! Received this from VW:

Second, there will be a $1,500 price increase to the MSRP2 for all 2023 ID.4 SUVs assembled on January 4th or later. The updated pricing will not be available on vw.com until January but it is listed below.
ID.4 TrimMSRP2
ID.4 Standard
$38,995​
ID.4 S
$43,995​
ID.4 Pro
$43,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro
$47,795​
ID.4 Pro S
$48,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro S
$52,795​
ID.4 Pro S Plus
$51,445​
ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus
$55,245​
VW is not willing to cannibalise future sales and will retain a future-focused pricing strategy, that ensures stability for the customer base and the financials long-term - if you want to know why they are not panicking over Tesla's price cuts, read here:

1,488 Posts
For the updated ID3 2023, the price even increases 6000 euros.
Was at the car event in Brussels yesterday to view the ID7, ID Buzz and the Polestar3 and actually did not see much interest in Tesla because there were many new EV brands that were still unknown to the public (BYD, MG, NIO, Hongqi ,JAC,SERES,Lightyear etc...)
Think the Tesla madness is cooling down.

2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid (but not for long.)
253 Posts
Well that’s a real shame. Oh well, anyone with half a brain knew one day Tesla’s dominance would end. I wouldn’t even mind them if they could only make an attractive car like the VW ID.4. They are hard on the eyes.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I like some aspects of the Tesla model Y, but not enough to pay about $10k more than my ID.4, when configured to my liking. The better charging infrastructure, speed of charging, range, its infotainment and lower CD are pluses. The minimalist interior, harsher and noisier ride, uncomfortable rear seats and the price are all negatives.

I suspect, all non-Tesla charging infrastructures will improve (hopefully, sooner than later.) Perhaps, the VW range will also improve. Thus, overall - I voted (with my wallet) for the ID.4. Notice: I didn't mention E.M. YMMV.:cool:

· Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
4,250 Posts

ID.4 TrimMSRP2
ID.4 Standard
$38,995​
ID.4 S
$43,995​
ID.4 Pro
$43,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro
$47,795​
ID.4 Pro S
$48,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro S
$52,795​
ID.4 Pro S Plus
$51,445​
ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus
$55,245​
@Jblache why are you here? On your very first post on this forum I called you out when I asked if you joined just to point out the fact that you were buying a Tesla.
Here we are a couple of days later and you are still here bashing VW and pointing out your perceived value in the MY and how the ID.4 is way overpriced. I suspect your first name is Elon, but if not I will provide you a link to a forum where your input might be better received.
Tesla Owners Online Forum

214 Posts
This seems pretty spammy to me for a number of reasons:

1) This isn't new. This has been posted on this forum well before the January 4th date and the prices listed are not a second increase but the price increase that already occurred and are already listed on VW's website. The old price for the Pro S RWD was $47,495 so the $48,995 reflects the $1500 increase

2) Tesla dropped their prices this past week after the Jan 4th increase.

3) Most of your posts just focus on the "lunacy" of VW and how it's a "no brainer" to cancel your order and get the MY or that if VW would only decrease the price by $10,000 you'd be all in. If you ordered the MY, why are you still posting on here?

2022 ID4 Pro AWD
97 Posts
This seems pretty spammy to me for a number of reasons:
The fact that anyone thinks the ID4 is obviously "inferior" to a Model Y screams of someone either with an agenda, or someone who hasn't spent much time in both.

There are plenty of people on the forum who have, or have had both. It seems to be the general consensus is that each has their strengths and weaknesses and it comes down to what you want or need.

So no it isn't a slam dunk to get a Model Y, even at price parity. Someone can have legitimate reasons to get the ID4 instead. The opposite is also true.

It may be the case for Jblache that it makes sense to get the Model Y. Great, get one and take your opinions to the TMC forum.

182 Posts

ID.4 TrimMSRP2
ID.4 Standard
$38,995​
ID.4 S
$43,995​
ID.4 Pro
$43,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro
$47,795​
ID.4 Pro S
$48,995​
ID.4 AWD Pro S
$52,795​
ID.4 Pro S Plus
$51,445​
ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus
$55,245​
what is this second price increase that you're talking about?

the only increase i've seen was for after jan 4 production model by $1500..

· Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Jblache why are you here? On your very first post on this forum I called you out when I asked if you joined just to point out the fact that you were buying a Tesla.
Here we are a couple of days later and you are still here bashing VW and pointing out your perceived value in the MY and how the ID.4 is way overpriced. I suspect your first name is Elon, but if not I will provide you a link to a forum where your input might be better received.
Tesla Owners Online Forum
When I joined, I had not bought anything. I did have an ID4 order since April of 2022. When Tesla cut prices, it was a game changer. At the same price, MY is the better car. Prior to that, ID4 do to the price point. I am not the only one in this forum that is bashing VW on numerous issues. I thought this was a forum not a VW “fan boy” site. Excuse me if I misconstrued that.

100 Posts
The fact that anyone thinks the ID4 is obviously "inferior" to a Model Y screams of someone either with an agenda, or someone who hasn't spent much time in both.

There are plenty of people on the forum who have, or have had both. It seems to be the general consensus is that each has their strengths and weaknesses and it comes down to what you want or need.

So no it isn't a slam dunk to get a Model Y, even at price parity. Someone can have legitimate reasons to get the ID4 instead. The opposite is also true.

It may be the case for Jblache that it makes sense to get the Model Y. Great, get one and take your opinions to the TMC forum.
Another thing to add to this is that the Tesla Model Y is substantially more expensive to insure than the ID 4. For me in Portland, OR, the quote i received was $80 more per month.

382 Posts
When I joined, I had not bought anything. I did have an ID4 order since April of 2022. When Tesla cut prices, it was a game changer. At the same price, MY is the better car. Prior to that, ID4 do to the price point. I am not the only one in this forum that is bashing VW on numerous issues. I thought this was a forum not a VW “fan boy” site. Excuse me if I misconstrued that.
How are you counting that this news you report is the ‘second’ price increase?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts