Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
White Pro S
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happen to anyone else? I can only assume one of two things are true:

• VW has perfected their teleportation technology but have foolishly decided to keep it in-house
  • Someone cancelled an identical order and their car has been re-routed to me
Could be either one, really, except now I'm scrambling to get my charging situation figured out. Good problem to have, I guess.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021) and ID.4 Pro/S (acquired 8/20/21)
333 Posts
This happen to anyone else? I can only assume one of two things are true:

• VW has perfected their teleportation technology but have foolishly decided to keep it in-house
  • Someone cancelled an identical order and their car has been re-routed to me
Could be either one, really, except now I'm scrambling to get my charging situation figured out. Good problem to have, I guess.
There‘s a lot of “movement” and “reassignments” due to, as you said cancellations and reconciliations. For instance, my Pro/S (ordered 3/30 - which was also a reassignment) was due last Friday. However, I was able to pick up an FE that someone cancelled (for MSRP) and proceeded to cancel my order. I assume if it was early enough in the process, it could have been reassigned and showed delivered. Either that or the dealer got it and is able to mark it up “due to demand” and is happier than if I had picked it up.

·
681 Posts
I figure they reassigned a vehicle that was on the way but a buyer canceled. That’s good, you don’t have to wait as long.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Woah, I just checked and so did mine - from step 3 to 5 sometime in the last day. Pro S in blue. Funny they don't send an email. Time to get my charging and financing ducks in a row I guess, here I assumed I still had a few months to go.

·
89 Posts
mine did the same a couple weeks ago, completely skipped step 4. I think it’s cancellations, but with the crazy owner’s portal you never know!

·
White Pro S
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No email here either. My dealer says it'll take 30-45 days to get it from arriving in the US, but they're assuming that it just got here, but they've also said they have no visibility on where it is. I'm their first ID as well. I have a feeling it could be anything from one week to a month out.

·
6 Posts
Same here. I had been told "summertime" for my purchase, but got a call from VW of Wellesley over the weekend that an ID.4 in my configuration had been shipped on April 14. Today, the portal shows as "arriving." Thank goodness we were able to connect with a couple electricians this week, or else we'd be stuck with level 1 charging for a while...

·
681 Posts
Well where I live it’s already summer. We had our 2 days of spring. So far I am relying on Electrify America since I pass by it twice a week or more. At the first of the month I might order a Juicebox 40 but I have to pay an electrician to install a 50 amp breaker and run about 60 feet of wire.

·
39 Posts
Oh boy, thanks for getting me to check my order status! I had placed the order a couple weeks ago in mid April and figured I'd have plenty of time for my cold feet to warm up a bit. However mine went right to the leaving the factory step (4?) so I guess I still have a boat ride coming up. But I really should get some things in order as others have said. At least get the outlet wired to the garage to begin with.

·
White Pro S
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
40A chargers other than the juicebox seem impossible to get right now.

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
211 Posts
The Grizzl-E and Pulsar Plus both seem to be readily available as well.

·
39 Posts
I had been looking at the Chargepoint flex, which has been well reviewed, but it doesn't seem to be available. Scalpers on Amazon have pushed its price to about $1500 I think. Interesting times.

·
ID.4 Pro S, Blue / Lunar Gray
18 Posts
The Grizzl-E and Pulsar Plus both seem to be readily available as well.
We don't have our ID.4 yet, but we recently installed the Pulsar Plus and have been using it for our Ioniq. I have had some issues with the app, but zero issues setting it up and charging.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I bought the Wallbox Pulsar Plus on Amazon. Had a 50 amp outlet installed. Had it on the garage wall but ran into a issue connecting to home WiFi. Problem was our WiFi password contained special characters that prevented the Wallbox from connecting. After my son created an additional network with a simpler password all was well. Wallbox tech support very good and helpful. Had box for two weeks while waiting for the car to arrive and be delivered. Thursday is big day.

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
211 Posts
We don't have our ID.4 yet, but we recently installed the Pulsar Plus and have been using it for our Ioniq. I have had some issues with the app, but zero issues setting it up and charging.
Glad to hear it! I have a Pulsar Plus sitting in its box waiting for my electrician to install it. My Pro S is still weeks away, so I'm not in too much of a rush.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
Excellent, you'll soon be enjoying your ID.4 !!

btw: I helped build that dealership on Linden St. a lifetime ago; Capt Marden's too. ;)
Same here. I had been told "summertime" for my purchase, but got a call from VW of Wellesley over the weekend that an ID.4 in my configuration had been shipped on April 14. Today, the portal shows as "arriving." Thank goodness we were able to connect with a couple electricians this week, or else we'd be stuck with level 1 charging for a while...

·
Blue VW ID4 Pro S Gradient
15 Posts
I had setup my $400 reservation on 4/13. I checked two days ago and it had not moved past step 3, Order Locked. I thought I would see some progress in about a month but decided to keep checking. Today I see it has left the factory and it is now arriving in the US. This was for a Non 1st Edition, Pro S Statement edition. I never thought it would take 2 weeks for it to get to this stage! The arrival is a bit earlier than expected as my current lease does not end until September. Glad to see VW moving so quickly on completing orders. Hopefully looking forward to getting my new car in May!

·
325 Posts
I had setup my $400 reservation on 4/13. I checked two days ago and it had not moved past step 3, Order Locked. I thought I would see some progress in about a month but decided to keep checking. Today I see it has left the factory and it is now arriving in the US. This was for a Non 1st Edition, Pro S Statement edition. I never thought it would take 2 weeks for it to get to this stage! The arrival is a bit earlier than expected as my current lease does not end until September. Glad to see VW moving so quickly on completing orders. Hopefully looking forward to getting my new car in May!
When did you actually place your order, and are you at step4 or 5? I placed my order on September 23, moved to step 4 March 11, and that's where it still is, 48 days later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts