Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
108 Posts
That might put my post-FE at late March/early April and I’m fine with that too.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
233 Posts
The story from eMobility was that the illuminated logo isn't on the 1st Edition because the wiring wasn't available for the first units of production. All other models, but those delivered in Germany, have them and have been rolling off the lines.

The March timeline doesn't add up.

·
20 Posts
There’s definitely something holding things up, as their reservation page says q1 for the fe, and mid 2021 for the pro. But then you go reserve the pro and rwd says q1 2021 and awd says mid 2021. I haven’t seen any specific evidence of delays or evidence of specific issues on this forum aside from a few dealerships mentioning the delay. A few things can be causing the delay, if there is one:
  • COVID-19
  • production issues
  • software issues
  • approval for the cars to be driven in the US? I forget what car companies need to go through for them to get approved.

I’m hoping the rollout goes smoothly for the fe, as I’m waiting on an awd and the longer the fe is delayed, the longer I have to wait!

·
204 Posts
There’s definitely something holding things up, as their reservation page says q1 for the fe, and mid 2021 for the pro. But then you go reserve the pro and rwd says q1 2021 and awd says mid 2021. I haven’t seen any specific evidence of delays or evidence of specific issues on this forum aside from a few dealerships mentioning the delay. A few things can be causing the delay, if there is one:
  • COVID-19
  • production issues
  • software issues
  • approval for the cars to be driven in the US? I forget what car companies need to go through for them to get approved.

I’m hoping the rollout goes smoothly for the fe, as I’m waiting on an awd and the longer the fe is delayed, the longer I have to wait!
My lock in order for FE says early 2021. I was told by VoA that AWD will be made here ,not in Germany. I don’t know if they are wrong? It makes sense the the Pro will follow the FE from Germany in late spring and into summer.

·
20 Posts
My lock in order for FE says early 2021. I was told by VoA that AWD will be made here ,not in Germany. I don’t know if they are wrong? It makes sense the the Pro will follow the FE from Germany in late spring and into summer.
If they build the awd in Chattanooga, it’s going to be another year and a half before they can start production. I doubt VW would be taking orders this early. VoA said 2022 for Chattanooga. If I don’t see a better timeline from VW in the next 2 months, I am going to have to move on to another ev. I’d hate to do it because I’ve been a loyal customer for a long time.

·
113 Posts
I received my email at 12:54pm EST, but I didn't see when delivery date was. Since it is FE, I am guessing Q1 2021.

Now the wait begins for the next step. Let's update when and if we get contacted by our chosen dealers.

·
19 Posts
I received my email at 12:54pm EST, but I didn't see when delivery date was. Since it is FE, I am guessing Q1 2021.

Now the wait begins for the next step. Let's update when and if we get contacted by our chosen dealers.
Has your dealer not contacted you at all yet, or do you mean when they contact with pricing and/or a delivery date?

·
113 Posts
Has your dealer not contacted you at all yet, or do you mean when they contact with pricing and/or a delivery date?
I meant when they contact us with pricing. I contacted my dealer a few days after reserving so I think I beat them to it.

·
2021 ID.4 1st
4 Posts
Also received the email. Went to review configuration. paid $400 more (they charged the same card as $100 before). Order is at status "Locked". e.g. button "Change configuration" is grayed out. Only option now is to "View my configuration" where I can still click on "Cancel my configuration".
My VW dealership for this order is in Westchester county, NY
Same here. on 11/12/2020. 50 days from reservation, 50 days till New Year.

·
13 Posts
I just talked to my dealer and he thinks I will get my car before end of this year. I'm in Virginia. Regardless, I don't mind if I get it early next year.

·
2021 ID.4 1st
4 Posts
VW said awhile back that the orders would be locked at 1/2 way point to expected delivery. So this is all good news w/delivery for earlier 1Q 2021.
This year is better from tax perspective for me.
Then next year - if miracle happens and VW sells more than 200k cars up to date (including e-Golf). Filing 2021 return with $7,500 credit might become smaller.

·
9 Posts
Still waiting for my email. I wonder if it is because I first ordered AWD, then dropped to RWD a few weeks later. Might have pushed me back in the line.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
233 Posts
Still waiting for my email. I wonder if it is because I first ordered AWD, then dropped to RWD a few weeks later. Might have pushed me back in the line.
These were just for 1st Edition units. If you have a 1st Edition, you will still be able to login to the portal and push your order forward.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts