Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Central NJ!

After going back and forth for the pst few years on an ev i finally decided to pull the trigger and order the 2023 id4

Oddly im more scared of leaving Honda/acura then having an EV but only time will tell.

I retired when my daughter was born in 2014 i was 34 so being 42 now im tired of ripping apart my cars and modifying them

This is my current suv which will be traded in or carmax’d when my id4 is ready to arrive
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

ive moderated and admined on about 10+ honda/acura forums so ive been scanning around here soaking up as much data as i can to prep for my delivery

be safe!
-Mike

·
17 Posts
VW/Audi are great to drive and I love the design and ergonomics. Unfortunately, multiple VW/Audi dealerships have tried to take me for a ride on repairs and/or performed incompetent jobs - both in Central Jersey (Audi A4, currently 230K on the odometer) where I live now and the Boston area (VW Golf) years ago. The problem is not so much the reliability of the cars, but the failure of VW/Audi to solve simple problems. A recurrent theme is to charge for expensive repairs, which do not fix the problem and then do something simple, which does fix the problem. Example: Coolant leak on my Audi. Diagnosis: broken flange at the rear of the engine. Damage $800. Result: leaks as before. Follow up: Oh, there was also a lose clamp at one of the hoses. We’ll fix that for free. That was at an Audi service center. In addition VW/Audi techs are generally not that great. Example: CV boot replacement ($25 parts + $1000 labor). Result: broken axle 50 miles later. (Not our fault it was an old axle.)

I ordered an ID.4 nevertheless.

·
ID4 AWD Pro
870 Posts
Retired at 34...🤣

Isn't this bragging? Did you made a lot of return from bit coin or Tesla back then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts