Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Order Process

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  graftondog 
#1 ·
After my reservation is confirmed, how long does it normally take to move to place your order and then order locked?

#2 ·
There's another thread tracking some of the times it has taken. I got my Step 1 confirmation on March 9th, and 18 days later I am still at Step 1.
Some people had speculated that certain orders might be delayed like they run things in batches, or the AWD model is much later production.

But for a non-AWD, even if they run in certain batches, like all one color for a day or two, or Pro S models for a day or two, but between Step 1 and 2, they allow you to change your configuration.

So if we wonder if they wait until they want to build a batch of Blue cars, for example, when they tell you to lock and go to Step 2, you can edit your configuration, and change the color, or packages.
At best, they would only be estimating that most people notified would stay with the original configuration.
So I'm thinking that the delay from Step 1 to 2 is not so much related to a specific configuration (excluding the AWD models).

Step 2 to Step 3 is where they say they schedule it for actual production. I would make a guess that's where a batch build might come into play, if at all.
Step 1 to Step 2 just sounds like a regular backlog of waiting your place in line.
Seeing that you joined this group 16 days ago, I'm guessing you also recently ordered. If so, compare your wait time with my recent order still at step 1 for 18 days.

#3 ·
Just looked at my reservation for the Pro S RWD (dusk blue with gray interior). It just changed to "leaving the factory." Unfortunately I will most likely need to cancel the order as we just sold our home and are moving to an apartment until we can find our next home. I had the builder add a 30 amp outlet in our current home's garage when it was built in 2015. Oh well, I never did get to put that outlet to good use. There is no place to charge the ID.4 at the apartment complex. We will revisit getting an EV after we settle on our next home.

#5 · (Edited)
I ordered an ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD online on 3/20/21. Just received the request for the additional $400 deposit which has been paid. Car is now locked. Seems to be moving quicker than I thought it would. I am expecting the car in four months from the time I placed the order but could it be sooner?

#7 ·
I ordered an ID.4 Pros Gradient online on 3/20/21. Just received the request for the additional $400 deposit which has been paid. Car is now locked. Seems to be moving quicker than I thought it would. I am expecting the car in four months from the time I placed the order but could it be sooner?
Ordered a Pro S on 3-22-21. So maybe I will get to that step soon.

#13 ·
Just checked the status of our ID.4. Same thing, locked last week, leaving factory status today. Anyone know accurate these a
Oh snap, i just checked after reading this and also now on step 4 ... :) guessing another 6 weeks or so.
I posted this on a similar topic. I ordered on 3/20. Status changed to production finished yesterday or Monday. Contacted my dealer and was told car built 3/18, shipped 3/29 and ETA in US on 4/25. Delivery early May. I did question dealer because the car was built a couple of days before I placed my order! Dealer stated this car might have been have been ordered by another person who cancelled their order. Whatever! I originally expected the car in June-July timeframe. No complaints. I wonder if VW is just building cars and filling orders as they match the buyer?

#14 ·
I ordered a AWD Pro S with the gradient package back in mid March. All that the wheel is showing is reservation confirmed since then. The dealership has told me that I should expect a change in status in mid to late May. Has anyone else that has ordered a AWD model received that same news? Dealership said that my car should be here in the states by October? Based on what I have read online that sounds really optimistic. However VW has said they are adding a 3 shift at the plant where the cars are built in Germany. Does anyone have any information to the contrary?

#15 ·
I'm on 3/7 Order Locked but I think that's because they inadvertently open up the "lock" process back a bit and a couple of hundred of us with AWD orders snuck through. Then they told us via email it would be October before we'd see delivery. It may be that they are waiting to offer customers the opportunity to lock once you get closer to delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.