Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Initial reservation was placed in late Jul '22 for a RWD ID.4 Pro. Received email from VW to "Place Your Order" and just completed the ordering process, the "Estimated Pick" is shown as Dec 22 ~ Jan 23.

That's pretty fast, now that the ID.4 are manufactured locally at the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive lighting

·
36 Posts
Same for me. Received a lock email this morning for 2023 Pro RWD, Silver Mist. Estimated arrival is between 12/1/2022 and 1/1/2023.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
330 Posts
Chattanooga are not making RWD for a while. You might be getting the MY2022 RWD cancelled orders!
Actually, Chatanooga is starting to build RWDs as of today - below is from donlen.com and it proved reliable in the past.

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
330 Posts
Your table says Chattanooga has been producing ID.4s since December of last year. How is that even close to reality?
You're correct that Chattanooga didn't produce ID.4s until mid of this year, when they started with MY23s only. Dec 2021 is when Zwickau started producing MY22s and think the software on donlen.com still brings up those dates when it shouldn't... or maybe there's some other sort of logic I don't know since donlen.com is a site for fleet management not aimed at end consumers.

·
23 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Actually, Chatanooga is starting to build RWDs as of today - below is from donlen.com and it proved reliable in the past.

View attachment 15424

Production at the Chattanooga, TN plant started in early April '22 (??) with GMA's Ginger Zee visit to VW plant in Chattanooga TN with ID.4 rolling out of the assembly line.

Glad the ID.4 are now being build in America , supporting 10,000 new American jobs. 👍👍👍
Flag of the united states Flag Font Rectangle Flag Day (USA)
Flag of the united states Flag Font Rectangle Flag Day (USA)

·
414 Posts

·
5 Posts
I didn't know an order can be converted. I had a 2022 order. I cancelled the 2022 and placed a new S Plus AWD order on 9/3. This hope be a production from Chattanooga

Yeah.. I don't know who selected the exterior colors and the interior to offer. I had a hard time to pick. I saw one in white on the expressway and it looked good. I picked white.

·
414 Posts
I didn't know an order can be converted. I had a 2022 order. I cancelled the 2022 and placed a new S Plus AWD order on 9/3. This hope be a production from Chattanooga

Yeah.. I don't know who selected the exterior colors and the interior to offer. I had a hard time to pick. I saw one in white on the expressway and it looked good. I picked white.
It can only be converted if you were invited to convert. So far only unlocked orders were invited to convert from MY22 to MY23. Many of us with locked 2022 orders did create a separate 2023 order to see if those come in earlier. I see you cancelled yours, but many of us kept both open because the deposit is refundable and we are torn between getting the vehicle early and possibly getting more features in in 2023 and maybe even a tax credit.

Reactions: JnArango
1 - 15 of 15 Posts