Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With ID.4 orders set to open in 8 days, does anyone have any strategies on ordering online? I am worried about their website crashing, not that we can do anything about that.

Anyone have any stories about ordering the ID.3 First Edition?

I'm making sure I will be on a wired connection, but other than that, not sure how to prepare. Just hope for the best!

·
1 Posts
With ID.4 orders set to open in 8 days, does anyone have any strategies on ordering online? I am worried about their website crashing, not that we can do anything about that.

Anyone have any stories about ordering the ID.3 First Edition?

I'm making sure I will be on a wired connection, but other than that, not sure how to prepare. Just hope for the best!
you're making me nervous now :) i didn't even think about it.. i hope not. *fingers crossed

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you're making me nervous now :) i didn't even think about it.. i hope not. *fingers crossed
Oh no, I'm sorry!

I'm going to be hanging out on this forum for emotional support in case anything goes wrong, lol!

But I have high hopes, I will just assume everything will go okay.

·
86 Posts
What versions are you guys looking at?

Originally I was thinking the 58 kWh battery and rwd but if awd and the bigger battery is $5-6k more I may be more interested in that. Plus that will give me more time to save for a bigger down payment.

·
101 Posts

Originally I was thinking the 58 kWh battery and rwd but if awd and the bigger battery is $5-6k more I may be more interested in that. Plus that will give me more time to save for a bigger down payment.
I want the awd. Depends on pricing and my inability to have patience.

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I am fine with FWD. If we have 3 choices of battery I would like at least the middle option. I am most interested in the extras like heads-up display, travel assist, and panoramic roof, so I'm worried those may cost a bit much.

·
101 Posts
I am fine with FWD. If we have 3 choices of battery I would like at least the middle option. I am most interested in the extras like heads-up display, travel assist, and panoramic roof, so I'm worried those may cost a bit much.
Medium battery at a minimum for me as well if there’s 3 options. I’m worried about packages too that contain stuff that will really drive up price.

·
177 Posts
There are bunch of hints at the link below (Jimellis VW of Atanlanta), but be clear, it could all be wrong. There may be information from a VW meeting last November (esp. because more recent posts seem to put all of the prices $5k higher, in comparison to prices in the UK or EU).

Meet The Volkswagen ID.4 (Release Date, Specs, & Dimensions)

VW is not taking reservations yet, so the whole page is questionable (unless this dealership is just collecting names for the 23rd), however a google search this morning shows a similar page for a WA dealership, so this might be related to the 23rd.

Also, the ID.4 is rear wheel drive or all wheel drive (motor and drive both in the back, but supposedly good weight for planting the rear tires in snow).

First Test Drive of Volkswagen ID.4: What Experts Say | aboutcars.pro

·
177 Posts
I am starting to wonder if we even need to worry about how fast we get our reservations in. Looking around the forums and googling ID.4, there is modest interest at best.

Between COVID (including less miles, and income uncertainty) and Tesla ("Battery Day" announcements on the 9/22), at least at the beginning of ID orders, there may not be that much demand on day 1.

·
101 Posts
obviously until prices and rates decision won’t be final, but how are you planning to pay finance or lease? If VW passes a good amount of the tax credit as a rebate for lease I might go that way, especially if there is a buy option at end of lease unlike most Tesla’s.

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm more interested in buying and have never leased before. However, depending on prices and incentives I will look into the possibility of leasing. The buy option has to be an option though.

·
101 Posts
I'm more interested in buying and have never leased before. However, depending on prices and incentives I will look into the possibility of leasing. The buy option has to be an option though.
leasing is appealing to me if the tax rebate is passed onto me. The 7500 rebate after buying isn’t truly 7500 for most when filing taxes. I also think EV technology is going to continue to evolve so much year over year getting into something new 3 years later might be worth the lease.

·
86 Posts
The issue that I have with leasing is the low miles and cost per mile if you go over. My current car is an e-Golf and VW's lease was for 10,000 miles, in a normal year I do about twice that.

There does seem to be less people interest in the ID.4 versus the Model Y and Mach E. So hopefully there will be either a slight discount ($1-2k off) or low interest rates to help with lowering the payments.

·
101 Posts
The issue that I have with leasing is the low miles and cost per mile if you go over. My current car is an e-Golf and VW's lease was for 10,000 miles, in a normal year I do about twice that.

There does seem to be less people interest in the ID.4 versus the Model Y and Mach E. So hopefully there will be either a slight discount ($1-2k off) or low interest rates to help with lowering the payments.
mileage limits is the only concern I have for leasing. I’m ready for the reveal and all the info they give.

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
leasing is appealing to me if the tax rebate is passed onto me. The 7500 rebate after buying isn’t truly 7500 for most when filing taxes. I also think EV technology is going to continue to evolve so much year over year getting into something new 3 years later might be worth the lease.
Those are good points. I'm holding myself back a little mainly because I never leased before so I am unsure what to expect.

·
177 Posts
Leasing for EVs can make a lot of sense, esp. with a buyout option. I'm thinking about buying this time for the $7,500 tax incentive, but it will probably mean a significant loss later if I sell in less than about 5 to 8 years.

For those new to EVs, a couple of things to keep in mind, as mentioned, there is no carry over on the U.S. fed tax EV rebate, so if you have less than a $7,500 tax liability (not including self employment tax), you may get less. If you get a state rebate too, the rules vary, but in NY, for example, if you sell before 3 years, you have to pay back the prorated part not used. I think in California, there is a lifetime cap on the number of times you can take the incentive. Most important, where there is still the fed tax $7,500 rebate available, the moment you drive off the lot, the resale value almost always drops by $7,500+ (because so many people can just buy a new one for MSRP - $7,500).

·
101 Posts
Leasing for EVs can make a lot of sense, esp. with a buyout option. I'm thinking about buying this time for the $7,500 tax incentive, but it will probably mean a significant loss later if I sell in less than about 5 to 8 years.

For those new to EVs, a couple of things to keep in mind, as mentioned, there is no carry over on the U.S. fed tax EV rebate, so if you have less than a $7,500 tax liability (not including self employment tax), you may get less. If you get a state rebate too, the rules vary, but in NY, for example, if you sell before 3 years, you have to pay back the prorated not used. I think in California, there is a lifetime cap on the number of times you can take the incentive. Most important, where there is still the fed tax $7,500 rebate available, the moment you drive off the lot, the resale value almost always drops by $7,500+ (because so many people can just buy a new one for MSRP - $7,500).
if there’s a buyout option for id4 I’m leasing out the gate for sure.

·
111 Posts
I leased my e-golf and they passed the federal credit on to me by way of reducing the price by $7500. Leasing makes sense for EVs right now because the technology is changing so rapidly. Even the smallest battery on the ID4 is far and beyond what I have in the e-golf. And who knows what kind of new EV selection there will be by the time the ID4 lease is up? Exciting times.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts