Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few brief mentions about possible OTA with the ID.4, but nothing definitive. Has VW said anything about this? I have reserved one but the absence of this benefit would be a deal killer for me.

·
35 Posts
I believe OTA is an internal part of the ID line. I know ID.3 deliveries were delayed in Europe due to VW resolving some outstanding OTA issues.

·
269 Posts
Continental is providing the OTA updates for all the ID vehicles. I'm a bit surprised VW didn't confirm it with the ID.4 debut but they are coming.

·
117 Posts
Does anybody know what carrier VW will use for OTA? My BMW X5 uses AT&T which has poor to no coverage in my area so it is useless.

·
117 Posts
That would work for me, Verizon is about the only carrier in my area that has consistent service.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have AT&T so I suppose I would have to open a Verizon account to get OTA. I don't want to switch companies for our cell phones.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car will use Verizon to 'phone home', you won't need to change providers.
I realize that I won't have to move all my phones to Verizon. What I meant was that I will still have to open an account with Verizon just for the OTA unless I'm missing something.

·
117 Posts
I realize that I won't have to move all my phones to Verizon. What I meant was that I will still have to open an account with Verizon just for the OTA unless I'm missing something.
Based on my experience with my GMC truck and my BMW, the vehicle manufacturer will open the account with the service provider, you won't have to do a thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts