Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't finished Kyle's latest video but it looks like a doozy. I'm psyched to see how the car and the EA network do on such a long trip.

·
196 Posts
First charge stop and he hit a low charge issue. I just did a run up to SLC from Vegas and did great until the ride home. Station in Mesquite had 4 units, one unavailable, one was giving a leaf owner slow speeds and the other two gave me 33 kW from 9%. Had support reset a unit and it ran fast for 3 min (just long enough to get her off the phone then back to 33 kWh. I pulled enough to get me down to Vegas and finished my charge there.

·
ID.4 FE MB
41 Posts
He had good speeds at almost every stop, although he did have to switch units 2 or 3 times. If EA would even just have chargers display when they can’t run at full speed it would make a nice difference.

·
196 Posts
I would love to see it on the app if times will be slow. I wouldn't mind having a slower charge every now and then to get a good meal stop in but if you don't know when you will be in idle charges after 30 min or 2h it is a guessing game. I also don't like wasting time moving from unit to unit. If the station is having problems let me know. One thing that made want to scream a bit was when I told the EA support tech that she should reset all of the units and she said she couldn't unless a customer was at one and requested it. When I called I was at 2 and she suggested a reset on 1 while I moved. I waited a few min after I set up at one but she couldn't reset 2 because I left it? 4 was offline? 3 had my attempts on both handles at the same slow speed? Obviously the entire station had a problem but it wasn't going to be fixed in the near future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts