Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you suppose that VW will include navigation updates OTA?
In my experience, they charged $$ for updates in the past for my Jetta.
Maybe a customer value added bonus would be navigation updates for 3 years OTA like the free EA charging.
Maybe negotiate updates as part of your "on the road" cost.

Do you suppose that VW will include navigation updates OTA?
In my experience, they charged $$ for updates in the past for my Jetta.
Maybe a customer value added bonus would be navigation updates for 3 years OTA like the free EA charging.
Maybe negotiate updates as part of your "on the road" cost.
Yes I read that they will, but I don't remember for how long.

Reactions: theboomr and BlueDH

It would be nice to see OTA updates for navigation as maps do change. However, I have not read anything yet that explains (officially) how an OTA update takes place. Does this happen automatically via the on board Verizon hot spot? Does it use my home WiFi when parked in my garage? Or does it download via my iPhone when connected to Car-Net app? There are a lot of very good videos on knowyourvw.com but not a single one mentions OTA updates.

If anyone can point me toward some official instructions on this I would greatly appreciate it. I would think that a software update affecting drivability or navigation would be a big deal and widely announced. I鈥檓 only driving my ID.4 for a week so still learning about this stuff. Thanks

Many on here have gotten a map update, they come without any notice. See Map update
No one has gotten more than that yet so we don't know what it will do or say.

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The map updates for my 2013 Jetta cost $125/release. I never updated the maps.
The map updates for my $250 (at Costco) Garmin nuviCam LMT were free.

The map updates for my 2013 Jetta cost $125/release. I never updated the maps.
The map updates for my $250 (at Costco) Garmin nuviCam LMT were free.
The map update for my 2013 G37 was selling at $125 last month. I'll never pay for that kind of update on hardware from nearly 10 years ago. lol

ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
Parallel thread on OTA update timing (2.2 & 3.0) from ID.Furkan.... mid June would match "12 week" release plan from VW CEO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts